Matija Nastasic

I find him 7/10 in all departments.

Strength, Speed, Mobility, Reading of the Game.

That's not a bad score for a young lad and with time his reading of the game will improve. What does concern me is whether he will ever be strong enough to be considered top draw and his worrying tendency to dive in and commit when there really isn't any need. Tends to make forwards' minds up for them and save them the hassle of beating him by giving away too many free kicks needlessly.

For me currently, as purely a defender, his is still nowhere near Lescott.

Will he ever be good enough to sustain his place in the team over the coming years? I'm not convinced!

Didn't have the best of games get. At point in the first half Vinny laid into him, then later on in that half, Zabs laid into him. Didn't his confidence any good from there on.

i thought he caused us no end of problems, mostly in the first half.....he was nervy and weak ni the challenge so vinny kept moving across to cover him, even when it wasnt always needed which on 2 or 3 occasions left them with 1 or 2 players in the middle of the penalty area completely unmarked.....it was summed in an instance when they tackled each other! the bollockngs he got throughout the game will have done him no good at all, would rather have seen lescott in there.

i havent given up on him, but he needs some time and for the coaches to do some serious training ground work with him to adapt better to this system and build some confidence up.

LIABILITY.

Needs a loan deal elsewhere next season to get more experience as he is nowhere near good enough to be involved in our team. Majority of problems last night were caused by either him making errors, or other players trying to compensate for his severe inadequacies.

I felt sorry for him last night. He's clearly lacking a bit of confidence and has not been playing consistently. I don't think he's the type of player who is comfortable coming in and out of the side despite his age.

I would have gone for the tried and trusted Komps and Lescott partnership last night.

As it stands he is a good enough squad member who can cover in the short term but we do need a long term partner for Kompany, someone top draw but I think we all know that

His confidence is clearly very low ... he looked scared when he was given the ball and time-and-again ended up just rolling it back to Joe Hart rather than "dare" to pass it out himself.

Dived into his tackles too quickly - as he has all season - with little conviction that he would actually win the tackle ... and generally managed to instill an air of nervousness into all those around him.

Not sure what the answer is ... he needs to rebuild his confidence and be happy with the ball again. Unfortunately, each bad performance only takes him back another step confidence-wise ... and now he has Vinnie and Pablo berating him in front of 47,000 people.

He looks to be lacking in match fitness and a bit of confidence,not sure putting him back in against the team he and joe made the mistake in was a great thing to do
Vinnie yelling at him can't have helped him either
He will be fine with a run of games

lancs blue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
chaddblue said:
Agree. Vinny giving him the mother of all bollockings was not the best way to boost the kids fragile confidence

It didn't even look like Vinnies ball - Gary Neville used to rave about Nastasic - I just think he needs regular games. Looked a good defender when he first arrived

From EL3 it definitely looked more like Nasty's ball and Vinny should have left it to him unless Vinny had shouted.

It was Vinnies ball he made the first challenge and was clearly onto the second and then Nasty comes and gets involved! How could he not see it was vinnies tussle and he was getting the ball<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:41 pm --<br /><br />
hertsblue said:
As it stands he is a good enough squad member who can cover in the short term but we do need a long term partner for Kompany, someone top draw but I think we all know that
He came in and covered short term last night and was awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.