Matija Nastasic

SWP's back said:
de niro said:
jay_mcfc said:
I don't see any reason to. Since Nastasic came in we have been absolutely rock solid. His partnership with Vinny is getting better and better and the young lad is mature enough to not have to worry about his age.

If anyone said three weeks ago what I'm saying now I'd have said Lescott should start too. But Nastasic has been incredible and he owns the jersey for now.

funny enough i said in amsterdam, where joeleon had a mare, that he'd never play for city again, bob hates him as it is. what fears me is bob just maybe wrong but will play the kid regardless of his clumsyness purely because he's signed him.
Clumsyness? Either you're wumming, pissed or mental.

The only one of those three that is even remotely up for debate is whether de niro is pissed or not

The Fat el Hombre said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:
funny enough i said in amsterdam, where joeleon had a mare, that he'd never play for city again, bob hates him as it is. what fears me is bob just maybe wrong but will play the kid regardless of his clumsyness purely because he's signed him.

The only one of those three that is even remotely up for debate is whether de niro is pissed or not

lol not a drop Al.

It's amazing what a run of good games can do to peoples opinion.

At this point in time Nastasic and Kompany is a combination that is doing very well and not conceding many goals in the league at all. Why change it now?

One thing about Nastasic is that he is also quite aggressive - he's not a Vidic or Kompany in the air, but he isn't terrible either - that game against Andy Carroll was a big test as far as physicality goes, and he passed it. Even Torres can be a handful at times, but he didn't let him better him at all. I'm very pleased for him, and I think I am right in saying that no other defender his age is that calm on the ball. Huge talent.

de niro said:
jay_mcfc said:
The more I think about the kid, the more I think he will become the greatest centre back in the world by the time he's 25. I know saying that with any degree of confidence is there to be shot at but he is quite simply fantastic.

Lescott would not be getting a sniff if I was the boss.

sorry i'd play lescott for a while yet.
Even Lescott thinks Nasty deserves his place.

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1594613_fair-play-joleon-lescott-admits-matija-nastasic-deserves-his-manchester-city-place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... city-place</a>

Now will you stop the wumming?

Im more confused that someone has told me that the defender Bob has relied on next to Vinnie for 2 years he doesn't even like. Surely this must be crap otherwise he would of brought a ready made replacement not a yougster

Question for you De Niro. Had Dzeko and Aguero not scored v QPR and we lost 2-1 would you still rate Lescott so highly considering his fuck up in what was a must win game?

I reckon a witchhunt would of been made and Lescott hammered. I like the guy but he is not CL class and never has been. City player or not he is not a top player and imho Nastasic will be a much better player in years to come. I like Lescott and hope he sees through his career here but he'll be third choice CB because Nasty has not just looked good but he has claimed that place and he's been here 5 minutes really. A Kompany and Nasty partnership is young and has years to blossom, why pin hopes on an aging and lacksadaisical Lescott when you have a great prospect doing mustard right now?

You often stick up for Hughes even though his sacking has been proven as correct and his time at QPR a joke in all honesty. I think you need to stop being the 'outsider' going against the grain so much.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm --<br /><br />
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Im more confused that someone has told me that the defender Bob has relied on next to Vinnie for 2 years he doesn't even like. Surely this must be crap otherwise he would of brought a ready made replacement not a yougster

I doubt Mancini dislikes him.

I strongly believe Mancini had curse words running through his head whilst watching the goal Cisse scored. Had Mancini not won that game he may have walked and Lescott was partly to blame. I don't think he trusts him as a player just like he doesn't with Rodwell or Mario. He will use him of course but Mancini nearly got culled for Lescotts mistake and whilst Nasty is doing well I see no need for Mancini to think about Lescotts future. Lescott needs to make Mancini see different and sharpen up his concentration but whilst we need to pick up points and whilst our backline is doing well he will need to wait and then take his chance just like Nasty has done.

SWP's back said:
de niro said:
jay_mcfc said:
I don't see any reason to. Since Nastasic came in we have been absolutely rock solid. His partnership with Vinny is getting better and better and the young lad is mature enough to not have to worry about his age.

If anyone said three weeks ago what I'm saying now I'd have said Lescott should start too. But Nastasic has been incredible and he owns the jersey for now.

Nastasic has been outstanding and for me is the clear long term partner for VK.

As for Lescott, I seen on the highlights on Sunday he had headphones in behind the bench. He may have been listening to GMR but other than that what the f*** does he think he was doing?

texas pete said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:

As for Lescott, I seen on the highlights on Sunday he had headphones in behind the bench. He may have been listening to GMR but other than that what the f*** does he think he was doing?
Is this another case of getting pissed off for no reason. Do you need to be able to hear the crowd to watch football

texas pete said:
SWP's back said:
de niro said:

Why is this such a problem??? He is sat on the bench and not needed, Balo does it all the time... but that is ok?? I really like Nasty but i still think Lescott is a better choice at this moment Imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.