Matija Nastasic

Damien10 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Was he overrated last seaon are is he just not suited to Pelles high line? I was convinced we had the new Ferdinand but this season he's been more like the new Matthew Upson, should have seen red.
I feel sorry for him. Any defender in the world would of had a game on there hands tonight. The lack of midfield is what caused most of the problems tonight. The space that was left in front of the defense today at times was unbelievable. Chelsea's midfielders was just running into the space and out numbering the defense at times.

In some ways agree with you but what worried me most was the fact he was perhaps the single reason when WE had the ball of gifting them possession. He looked nervous and hesitant with the ball at his feet taking the wrong options. Also he should never lose out a 50/50 headers from a guys like Oscar and Hazard which he did on several occasions tonight. A big big worry for me how he has gone backwards.

I said it last season as steady or good even as he was he's very limited. Yes he's young but I couldnt and can't see where any great improvement could come. I'd rather see a young centre half who made a few errors at 19 that could be ironed out but had lots of raw ability ( like camel gob did at West Ham) than someone who's steady but bang average.

For anyone who thinks im being harsh. Is he great in the air? Is he quck? Is he dominant? Is he particularly strong? Is he a great passer? Is he good with both feet?

Am I the only one who thought that Oscar fouled him first? He just jumped into Nastasic, and that is almost always a foul by the attacker.

Regardless of that - I see people are criminally overreacting. Nastasic wasn't great by any means, but he didn't really do a whole lot wrong tonight. I think he was actually quite calm in some instances where others around him were loosing their cool.

The biggest issue was Toure and Silva not coming back, and Demichelis playing in MF against Chelsea's MF. Where was Garcia or Rodwell?

Kun Aguero said:
M24 Citizen said:
Kun Aguero said:
Was he overrated last seaon are is he just not suited to Pelles high line? I was convinced we had the new Ferdinand but this season he's been more like the new Matthew Upson, should have seen red.

just off the halfway line, never a red.
Oscar was in front of him, he was last man. Has to go.

"Last man" is a bollocks reason, made up by shitty pundits who don't know the laws of the game

Craig said:
I said it last season as steady or good even as he was he's very limited. Yes he's young but I couldnt and can't see where any great improvement could come. I'd rather see a young centre half who made a few errors at 19 that could be ironed out but had lots of raw ability ( like camel gob did at West Ham) than someone who's steady but bang average.

For anyone who thinks im being harsh. Is he great in the air? Is he quck? Is he dominant? Is he particularly strong? Is he a great passer? Is he good with both feet?

Last season he never needed to us his pace as he nearly always ghosted in front of the attacker and started an attack, in the summer I never wanted Pepe as I wanted Nasty and Vinnie to become our cornerstone for years to come. Now I wish we had Pepe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.