Mayfield Depot Tonight 93.20 celebration

Personally I am glad the old city is still alive and kicking, throwing pints in that situation is stupid but booing Tyler just made me smile, the smarmy twat probably expected a nice polite round of applause, the fact he got booed might just make him think about some of many snidey little comments him & his co comentators have made about us over the years, & to be honest its about time we gave a bit back.

It's a tough one to call. He has infuriated me countless times with his snide digs and mournful voice when we score. I was at the QPR game so I didn't hear his Aguerooooooooo moment until afterwards. I'll tell you something though that cut like a dagger to the rag hearts. They all said that they heard it in their sleep and couldn't get it out of their heads and his voice screaming that made it ten times worse.

He is an elderly luvvie though and although I booed him I felt slightly guilty for that reason. His problem was we hate the media with good cause and rarely get to see them face to face so he probably copped a bit more on their behalf. He was a bit taken aback by it and faced by this large boisterous crowd, he had the look of a man who'd gone to see a classical concert and inadvertently wandered into a heavy metal one by mistake and couldn't get out. It does show you the bubble they live in that they don't realise the anger their actions invoke. Throwing a pint on him was out of order mainly because the mood was great and one of celebration and happiness and it had no place in that context. It was a football crowd though and the all new happy clappy shiny sanitised version of it they are trying to promote will never quite tame the wild animal it once was.

Tyler's willingly turned himself into a red top shill so there should be no love lost there..City fans know...the Rodri goal at Leeds was the last straw for me
As for lobbing a pint at him ...out of order and a waste of good beer
Perhaps a recorded message would have been the diplomatic thing to do....no doubt now more negative stuff coming our way in spades

It's a tough one to call. He has infuriated me countless times with his snide digs and mournful voice when we score. I was at the QPR game so I didn't hear his Aguerooooooooo moment until afterwards. I'll tell you something though that cut like a dagger to the rag hearts. They all said that they heard it in their sleep and couldn't get it out of their heads and his voice screaming that made it ten times worse.

He is an elderly luvvie though and although I booed him I felt slightly guilty for that reason. His problem was we hate the media with good cause and rarely get to see them face to face so he probably copped a bit more on their behalf. He was a bit taken aback by it and faced by this large boisterous crowd, he had the look of a man who'd gone to see a classical concert and inadvertently wandered into a heavy metal one by mistake and couldn't get out. It does show you the bubble they live in that they don't realise the anger their actions invoke. Throwing a pint on him was out of order mainly because the mood was great and one of celebration and happiness and it had no place in that context. It was a football crowd though and the all new happy clappy shiny sanitised version of it they are trying to promote will never quite tame the wild animal it once was.
Great post & I know I am an old fart but the day the Happy clappy sanitised football takes over completely from the game I used to love is the day I stop watching.

Great post & I know I am an old fart but the day the Happy clappy sanitised football takes over completely from the game I used to love is the day I stop watching.
Ironically, commentators weren’t the focus of the wrath of the fans when they weren’t all “happy clappy”.

If Motson had his career now, he’d be crucified on social media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.