McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did look promising. A serious injury pretty much ended his chances here.

I always thought that Brandon Barker was going to make it. He was class at youth level.
'Starred' last night for Rangers against the mighty Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup - didn't last the 90 but no idea whether that was tactical or just job done

Remember one of Pep's first games at City when Brandon decided to ignore Pep's instructions from the sideline - didn't last long after that...

He did look promising. A serious injury pretty much ended his chances here.

I always thought that Brandon Barker was going to make it. He was class at youth level.
Always looked lightweight and easy to manoeuvre off the ball when he started to play with the grown ups.

Funny how everyone was saying we shouldn’t touch him with a barge pole and then Tolmie drops yesterday that he’s strongly linked and now he’s amazing.

'Starred' last night for Rangers against the mighty Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup - didn't last the 90 but no idea whether that was tactical or just job done

Remember one of Pep's first games at City when Brandon decided to ignore Pep's instructions from the sideline - didn't last long after that...
Thought rangers sold him to Oxford? He was our great hope pre foden.

He is a brilliant talent and looks like he has the attitude to match.People who have watched him develop are only highlighting this.What do you see as his weakness and where is the overreaction?
No doubt he and most of our kids are huge talents but it takes far more than talent to make it to the very top and at a top club.

Mentality is a huge part , I am not saying McAtee has not got that but we get far too carried away as soon as a young player shows a little potential.

No doubt he and most of our kids are huge talents but it takes far more than talent to make it to the very top and at a top club.

Mentality is a huge part , I am not saying McAtee has not got that but we get far too carried away as soon as a young player shows a little potential.

Not quite at level of the rags though thankfully .

Now they really know how to over hype .

Last edited:
We are all guilty of it, and it puts the young players in question under huge pressure, one reason why so few go on to make it.

I suspect that there are many reasons why promising young players don't always reach the expected levels, but as you rightly point out, having too much too much pressure put on them can't help .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.