McAtee & Delap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second sentence, not so much. I don't know which fans you're referring to, so I can't accurately counter that, but I do personally think McAtee is a very special young talent capable of great things. I think he's better than absolutely loads of young attacking talent we've had over the years. Foden level? Maybe not, but easily as naturally gifted as Palmer, and I think Pep is spot on to have him around the team.

That's vaguely where I rate him. There's this idea I keep reading that he's "the next David Silva" and a guaranteed future first team player and he's just not that for me. He's a promising young player who could go into the squad or could end up at Southampton in 3 years. But I'm around that with Palmer too though I think he's ahead of McAtee. There's a long way to go for both of them.

Pep has a way of making young players look better than they are because he's so systematic. I remember after he left Barca, there were a ton of next big things that looked half the player that they did when Pep was starting to give them minutes.

That's vaguely where I rate him. There's this idea I keep reading that he's "the next David Silva" and a guaranteed future first team player and he's just not that for me. He's a promising young player who could go into the squad or could end up at Southampton in 3 years. But I'm around that with Palmer too though I think he's ahead of McAtee. There's a long way to go for both of them.

Pep has a way of making young players look better than they are because he's so systematic. I remember after he left Barca, there were a ton of next big things that looked half the player that they did when Pep was starting to give them minutes.
McAtee has the all important and continental-style natural ‘pausa’ quality which creates space wherever he is on the field, which is extremely rare for a youngster and puts him above 99% of prospects.
He has miles more natural talent than the likes of Gilmour, Gallagher etc who are more traditional, busy British players.
But is is as much about luck,timing and opportunity as it is about talent

I think mcatee is the real and will be quality . A loan could be good for him . As for delap I’m not sure how good he is tbh so he could do with a loan . Leeds would be good for both .
McAtee is without a doubt a seriously good prospect but the fact remains he has and at this time will not sign a contract extension.

It puts the club and his future with us in a serious position.

No one is near fodens level. He’s a once in a generation player. If your expecting all youth players to have be as good, no one will make it
Time will tell, things change very quickly in football, Foden without doubt is an incredible talent, but he also appears to have a possible off the pitch issues which could damage his football, hopefully he learns quickly and goes onto be one of the greats.

No one is near fodens level. He’s a once in a generation player. If your expecting all youth players to have be as good, no one will make it

Yep. Worth pointing out that 80%, if not 90% or more, of our squad were probably not Foden's level either as academy prospects. Mahrez was hardly some wonderkid. He took a slow route to the top, but you'd be pretty happy if your academy produced a Premier League POTY £60m winger, wouldn't you? A step below Foden's potential, maybe, but still fucking brilliant.

Time will tell, things change very quickly in football, Foden without doubt is an incredible talent, but he also appears to have a possible off the pitch issues which could damage his football, hopefully he learns quickly and goes onto be one of the greats.
The lad's 21 - I'm reasonably sure the club, and hopefully his parents, are showing him videos of Gazzas career on repeat.
There's a concern with him and Grealish together though for sure - chaperones may be in order sadly

As for that huge list of names, wonder how many of them have international caps, they may not have made it at City but they certainly have a career in football, so again a bit weird to use it to have a pop at people who thought they might have made it at City, some people are glass full rather than empty types.

Plus it hardly harms anybody if some people want them to make it at the end of the day, people aren't stupid and know that the vast majority will not but it doesn't stop you from hoping that one day we may field a team filled mainly with homegrown players.

The lad's 21 - I'm reasonably sure the club, and hopefully his parents, are showing him videos of Gazzas career on repeat.
There's a concern with him and Grealish together though for sure - chaperones may be in order sadly
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's what people are seeing

McAtee reminds me of Paul Scholes movement wise and has all of the ability, hope he signs a new contract it would be a shame to lose him before we see the best of him, Delap? where is he, i had him down for a full season in the first team squad, and getting plenty of minutes so we could see if he can adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.