MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - NEW DATE TICKETS AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - additional date on page 8***

I'd also like to add my thanks to Gary and all concerned for a fascinating evening.

Particularly enjoyed the footage of the celebrations in Albert Sq after the 76 League Cup win and the final day of the Kippax, plus a reminder of just how fortunate we are that Swales is no longer Chairman. Tony Book came across as a thoroughly decent guy throughout, wonder what he really thought of Swales!

Those going on Thursday will enjoy it.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. All really appreciated.

I don't want to say too much about the films etc at the moment as I don't want to give too much away for those attending on Thursday, but I've got some extra comments to make later.

It was great to see so many Blues there and I know there were quite a few who I wanted to catch a quick word with (like Ric for example) but I didn't get chance. Sorry! I loved the reaction to the films and was delighted we sold out. Hopefully the same will happen on Thursday - as I said on the night this will not be turned into a DVD and may not be shown again for years.

As for questions - I was delighted people did take the trouble to ask about the films. All questions are valid and the one about having film on Ardwick was one close to my heart. I'll explain more later in the week but I was desperate to include film of the old ground but cost prevented it.

As always I managed to get an appeal in for the 1904 FA Cup final footage - I live in hope that one day it turns up in someone's loft.

Thanks again to all who attended and for these comments.

Thanks for a great evening, Gary. It was a very enjoyable show. The first film had me in stitches. A trapeze artist and a roller coaster!

Also, I thought the contrast between the atmospheres of the stands was brilliant, as it really did show the difference. The first film really did capture what it was like, and it certainly made me think about how much has now been lost.

Anyone who was there will know what I'm on about, and if you are intrigued, then go and see it. You won't be disappointed.

Just out of interest, how much would it have cost to have the Hyde Rd footage shown?

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Just out of interest, how much would it have cost to have the Hyde Rd footage shown?

Let's just say it would not have been viable. Sorry.

If anyone is interested in coming on Thursday please get your tickets asap - it is likely to sell out and there may not be any opportunity to buy on the day. Details at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/film-events/the-boys-in-blue-manchester-city-fc-on-film-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/film-ev ... -on-film-2</a>

Thanks again

Thanks Gary, for topping my first visit to Manchester in many years with this brilliant show. Good to see the clips from Maine Road as that was the home ground last time I was over. "A proper ground that was" as an elder Mancunian said to me in a pub before the match on Saturday. :smile:

Gary James said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:

It would have come close to doubling the admission price on its own. After Thursday I'll explain more.

If anyone is interested in coming on Thursday please get your tickets asap - it is likely to sell out and there may not be any opportunity to buy on the day. Details at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/film-events/the-boys-in-blue-manchester-city-fc-on-film-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cornerhouse.org/film/film-ev ... -on-film-2</a>

Thanks again
A good night out. "Gentleman Joe" and Tony Book came over very strong. The irony of Swales advising Dave Watson "Not to sign anything," is worth watching out for on Thursday! Enjoy.

Managed to get 2 tickets, and looking forward to Thursday :)

Apparently there are a small number of tickets available for tonight's show, so if you missed out last week it'd be worth checking with Cornerhouse this morning.

Looking forward to tonight's show. A few reminders for anyone coming along....

- it's all ticket
- there won't be an interval or cinema adverts or anything, so it will start at the advertised time of 6.30pm
- it lasts until about 8.30pm including Q&A if we have time
- signed copies of 3 of my books ("Manchester A Football History", "Manchester The City Years" - the latest on City, & "Joe Mercer, OBE: Football With A Smile") are available from the Cornerhouse shop & I'll be happy to sign others if anyone wants one

That's about it. Look forward to seeing a few Blues there tonight.

MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - TONIGHT 2nd MAY

I urge any Blues who want to see a sense of our history to get tickets for this show.It is a nostalgic trip,thoroughly enjoyable,humourus and well presented by Gary James.

Re: MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - TONIGHT 2nd MAY

WEMBLEY76 said:
I urge any Blues who want to see a sense of our history to get tickets for this show.It is a nostalgic trip,thoroughly enjoyable,humourus and well presented by Gary James.
Spot on. Can't recomend it highly enough to anyone who didn't make the first screening.

I know it's easy sat here behind a keyboard but it would be brilliant if the club could buy the rights to show footage from all the archives and house it appropriately at the ground.

In terms of the footage for this, Gary and the chap from NWFA have clearly invested a lot of time and effort putting it all together. Absolutely first class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.