MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - NEW DATE TICKETS AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - additional date on page 8***

Just got back in, took my old man (aged 62) who loves anything to do with Football, Manchester and Nostalgia so this was a couple of hours in heaven for him.

Highly recommended for those of you who couldn't make tonight.

My personal highlight - the recording of "Boys in Blue" with Willie Donachie looking like he'd rather be anywhere in the world than there, and Swales' answer to journalists asking would Tommy Docherty be our next manager.

Thanks Gary and the North West archive / University for a very good night.

I had forgotten that Big Mal had come back to be Tony Book's "Number 2", well at least initially. Yes the Boys in Blue recording was a highlight for me along with the 1 million fan reception for the City cup winners in 34. Good to see the Trautman final footage too.

Thanks to Lee and his family and friends for their company for the pre-film drinks.

Brilliant night, thanks to Gary,the NWFA and the Cornerhouse, watching the film it just brought home to me how pitiful and embarrissing Peter Swales was.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm --<br /><br />embarrassing i should say

Just to echo what others have said, a thoroughly enjoyable evening and thanks to Gary and the NW Film Archive for their efforts in putting the show on.

I'm afraid Swales did steal the show - as usual for all the wrong reasons. The lowlight for me was a shot of him in his office with a picture of himself hung on the wall behind him, it showed perfectly just how big his ego was. It made me even more thankful for our current owners.

Superb. Fantastic footage and some genuinely funny moments too. Thanks for a fantastic evening.

I was there with my dad and my boy. The footage of the Bobs had my dad reminiscing about my uncle Peter who said to him as a kid "following City is like the Bobs, a proper roller coaster ride" and that was back in the very early 50s!

It was a fantastic evening - well presented by Gary and some great clips.
Swales came over as a 70s David Brent, and some very emotional clips involving Tony Book and Joe Mercer - not too sure who the old guy was at the end who asked the question to Gary about Hyde Road in a very comfrontational way and then showed no respect in talking over the final few thankyous after the Q&A - Overall though it was brilliant and may buy a ticket for next Thursday as well

trevorcitytilidie said:
It was a fantastic evening - well presented by Gary and some great clips.
Swales came over as a 70s David Brent, and some very emotional clips involving Tony Book and Joe Mercer - not too sure who the old guy was at the end who asked the question to Gary about Hyde Road in a very comfrontational way and then showed no respect in talking over the final few thankyous after the Q&A - Overall though it was brilliant and may buy a ticket for next Thursday as well

Cant believe the guy who asked that question. Asking why Gary had not started with footage from when the club was formed as Ardwick, unbeliavable.

Anyway, thanks Gary for a fantastic night

Would like to thank Gary and the North West Archive for a great way to spend my 40th :-) Brought back memories of my first match in 84 and the excitement of going to Maine Road after my Saturday job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.