MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - NEW DATE TICKETS AVAILABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MCFC film night @ Cornerhouse - additional date on page 8***

A great night. Thanks for the ticket Tim, enjoyed your company too.

Watching the Swales era was like a car crash.

As for the bloke asked the Hyde Road question. He's been supporting City since 1951, so cut him a bit of slack. He'd been at a funeral earlier in the day, so alcohol fuelled emotions were running high. He's blue through and through. A diamond geezer.

Gary James was brilliant with his narrative.

It was that good, that I've re-booked for Thursdays showing.

Great evening, it was fascinating to see some of the old footage. One of the highlights was seeing the recording of The Boys in Blue at Strawberry Studios, with some of the players looking less than enthusiastic about being there. Gary James' narrative was great as always. There's another screening next Thursday for anyone interested.

invisibleman92 said:
trevorcitytilidie said:
It was a fantastic evening - well presented by Gary and some great clips.
Swales came over as a 70s David Brent, and some very emotional clips involving Tony Book and Joe Mercer - not too sure who the old guy was at the end who asked the question to Gary about Hyde Road in a very comfrontational way and then showed no respect in talking over the final few thankyous after the Q&A - Overall though it was brilliant and may buy a ticket for next Thursday as well

Cant believe the guy who asked that question. Asking why Gary had not started with footage from when the club was formed as Ardwick, unbeliavable.

Anyway, thanks Gary for a fantastic night
There is always one.great night

Lastminutewinner said:
invisibleman92 said:
trevorcitytilidie said:
It was a fantastic evening - well presented by Gary and some great clips.
Swales came over as a 70s David Brent, and some very emotional clips involving Tony Book and Joe Mercer - not too sure who the old guy was at the end who asked the question to Gary about Hyde Road in a very comfrontational way and then showed no respect in talking over the final few thankyous after the Q&A - Overall though it was brilliant and may buy a ticket for next Thursday as well

Cant believe the guy who asked that question. Asking why Gary had not started with footage from when the club was formed as Ardwick, unbeliavable.

Anyway, thanks Gary for a fantastic night
There is always one.great night

The bit of banter at the end added to the occasion (at least for me) and we wouldn't have heard about the missing 1904 final footage otherwise. I would rather have a bit of banter than everyone turn up in half and half scarves and be scared to say how a brilliant evening might possibly be improved upon. I along with most of the people near me (and possibly Gary too) smiled at the Hyde Road comments.

Great evening, thanks a lot to Gary an the NWFA for their hard work. The footage was terrific. The old man and my uncle loved the first part around things to do in Manchester, particularly the footage of Belle Vue!

The Swales era was uncomfortable viewing to say the least, a world away from where we are now. The staged shot of him with the photo behind him was truly embarrassing in a David Brent way.

If you couldn't get tickets for last night and still want to go I recommend you go to the 2nd showing. As Gary said last night, it is unlikely to be released as a DVD

Fantastic presentation last night. Well done to all involved. Including the bloke complaining that there was no footage from the 1880's..... The mind boggles

Great bit for me was us singing "you'll never walk alone" in Albert Square for the league cup home coming in 1976.

Proof that we used to sing it along with most other clubs.

I was in that FULL Albert Square ....great memories.

My brother and I enjoyed the evening, thanks to all those involved in making it happen especially Gary There was one audience laugh out loud moment during one of Swales interviews everyone spotted the portrait of himself on the wall in his office, bizarre It was also strange that when Dave Watson was speaking to Swales he spoke about some part time work The guy who asked about Hyde Road footage said at one point that he was there being on our row I asked him how old he was 70 was the reply he then corrected himself

I went on my own and it was excellent. Saw Ric with his folks and said a quick hello. I'd recommend it to anyone. If you're on your bill, don't let it put you off, get yourself down there on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.