MCFC U16's

Great result and fantastic experience for Foden,im sure those two goals will be long in the memory.Looking forward to Sundays game.

Watched the whole game and there are a lot of talented kids in the England side.

Sancho was very quiet but got a tap in, so fair play for him getting in the right position. Apart from that it was mainly running into blind alleys or drifting around.

Curtis Anderson had a good first half despite conceding two, which he couldn't have done anything about. He made a couple of reflex saves and was composed on the ball.

Foden came on with about 25 mins left and had some nice touches, without making much of an impact.

The best player was Ian Carlo Poveda. Small, left-footed and quick with some incredible skill. I thought he stood out as a real prospect.

Some of the other players looked good but I felt as though they were taking too many touches and dallying on the ball. It was as though it was a skills session at times, with centre halves and defensive midfielders committing some suicidal errors. If the tried it at a pro level they'd quickly get the ball taken off them.

Having said that, it was good to see an England side that wasn't all huff and puff and big long balls. They played some decent stuff at times and it's looking promising for the future. Hopefully MCFC will continue to play a big part in it.

Ended 2-2 i think they won the tournament.

Yeah they did win the Tournament, Sancho got the first goal and was pretty good but I thought at times he overplayed it when there were better options on, just needed to get his head up but he will learn from it. Anderson pulled of a couple of really good saves from a surisingly very direct Dutch side. Even if they had lost, going forward England would benefit as they were technically much better than the Dutch which was surprising.

Just taking on board what Otamendi's Beard said, I actually love the fact that they were taking chances in our own area for example and your right at pro level they would get murdered but for now, playing that way will benefit them hugely going forward imo. For to long have our kids been encouraged to just get rid of it for example and further down the line we end up with players like Danny Higginbotham when we could end up with a Gerard Pique.

I have watched all three of these games and by far England were the best team in regards to skill and technical ability, it was bizarre to see us dominate and outplay Brazil and not in the usual stereotype "big English lumps" that you often hear but on skill and technique. Really encouraging stuff.

Believe the rags have called off game for this sataday again can any one confirm if both 16s and 18s games are off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.