MCFC V NY Red Bulls Tonight.

This over reaction to a pre season result probably stems from the fairly recent practice of televising these games and playing them as part of a fake tournament to give them an undeserved sense of importance. 20 years ago pre season would pass by without anyone really noticing. Nowadays people actually bother about the results!

Some have said that pre season results have no bearing on how well a team starts the season. Thats not necessarily co-incidental. Pre season games are played in the middle of heavy duty training. Clubs dont prepare players for the games by easing off on training in the days leading up to the match. Those teams that are working the hardest in training will probably look the most sluggish in the friendlies.

A lot of people saying that critics are panicking.

I think what some people are disappointed with is that this NY tour was promoted well by MCFC, travel guides were given out for going to America, etc. But the personnel and effort suggest that we were never planning on being competitive in this contest. Not to mention the club's American fans, who will have scant chances in their entire lives to see their favorite club play.

This looked like England's effort in South Africa, except we weren't even playing starters. Now the fans have to go back to England and take taunts from their Rag friends about "same old City."

These games serve a useful purpose because it demonstrates to the hierarchy the problems that need addressing.

The simple facts are, if anyone believes that we don't need another centre half then they are a fool and if anyone believes that Wayne Bridge is good enough for where want to be, then they are beyond foolish.

The manager will have seen what I saw tonight. The vast majority of those players out there are not good enough. When it comes to picking the 25, the job is being made that much easier.

The most pressing obvious was that, when Lescott and Toure came on, two defenders that threaten to be a regular partnership, they were a bloody embarrassment. If we don't sign a commanding leader to replace one of these, then we are not going to make the top four. For me, if the manager does not spot this then the season is going to end in disaster.

Shay Guevara said:
For all those who bang on about 'meaningless' friendlies - they are NOT meaningless, the season is almost here and we need to get a winning mentality quickly. I bet the rags play a reserve team in their game and still win it.

Tonight was like watching the past, the 'old' City - hopefully for the last time because we need to start winning now
Lol,jesus fuckin christ

The world is over, we lost, Mancini out, Ireland's on his way, as is Tevez and we've appointed Platt - the sky is falling too btw.

Oh and how could I forget? We're also ruining football.

NewbBlue said:
A lot of people saying that critics are panicking.

I think what some people are disappointed with is that this NY tour was promoted well by MCFC, travel guides were given out for going to America, etc. But the personnel and effort suggest that we were never planning on being competitive in this contest. Not to mention the club's American fans, who will have scant chances in their entire lives to see their favorite club play.

This looked like England's effort in South Africa, except we weren't even playing starters. Now the fans have to go back to England and take taunts from their Rag friends about "same old City."
Ha,come on,seriously,how old are you?
since when have FRIENDLIES been taken seriously?
No one forced anyone to go and the Dortmund game will be the same yet mugs fall for it

Meaningless game played in temperatures of 90+. The fringe players lost again. Big deal. When we put out our first team then I will be more concerned about results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.