MCFC V NY Red Bulls Tonight.

to be fair we had an even weaker team out than against Sporting and 2bh it'll probably do quite a bit for American soccer the fact that they beat us, regardless of what team we actually put out, obvious that Mancini was using it as an exercise to showcase who he wants to get rid off mixed with a couple of first teamers getting a run out, clear to me Mancini didn't give a shit about the trophy so neither should we, it was practically a shop window.

birchwoodgingerste said:
badge said:
brilliant. panic button being pressed already. sorry, but all you complainers need to get a fucking grip! how many of roberto's signings played in this game, 'ey? look at the bloody side he put out: scott kay (completely absent without leave), andrew tutte (below average) alex nimely (quite impressive i thought). remember, a lot of these players know they're on their way or are not going to get a game. prime example - adebayor was a fucking diZgrace!

do you remember city beating barcelona pre-season a few years ago? it meant nothing. as did a victory against liverpool when we were in the third division. what about newcastle's pre-season last year? TODAY'S RESULT MEANS FUCK ALL!
talk about contradicting yourself ! adebayor a disgrace ? you need to get a grip mate

ok 'diZgrace' maybe over the top but passing and controlling the ball should come naturally to a top class player, nd he hardly managed to do either. jo looked better than he did.

If i remember rightly Mancini said that Lisbon had played about 8 games more than we have and I'm pretty sure The US league have already begun so it's understandable that they looked more match fit than we did. This is what Pre-season is for, to Gain Match Fitness and to have a look at some of our fringe players so i take these last 2 results with a pinch of salt and look at it at getting game time.

blueskyandback said:
Not sure why RM isnt playing a more senior line up. A lot of the team played tonight wont even be on the bench in the season

would imagine most of the guys who played in the world cup are having a rest, mancini is probably assessing the fringe players to see which he wants to name in the 25 squad, which he wants to loan out and which he wants to sell

I thought it was a pretty good run out tonight.

As a previous poster said it was mainly the kids on show and the seniors that did play haven't had much game time in around 6 weeks so they're going to be slightly off the pace and their touch, fluidity etc. won't be quite there, that's what pre-seasons are for.

Don't forget that we were playing against a team that are already well into their season and so are in 'match mode'. Plus, it must have been damn hot over there if you look at the state of the players and their shirts when they came off, I thought it must have been chucking it down they were that soaked.

On a lighter note, how good does the City away kit look?

Not sure why RM isnt playing a more senior line up. A lot of the team played tonight wont even be on the bench in the season

Because he is a first grade plonker, Platt in the back room says it all. I have not changed my opinion of Mancini from last year, he knows nothing, take the Spurs game at coms last year, he fcucking copitulated before a ball was kicked. I for the life of me cant understand what the owners ever seen in him.

Bonol said:

Because he is a first grade plonker, Platt in the back room says it all. I have not changed my opinion of Mancini from last year, he knows nothing, take the Spurs game at coms last year, he fcucking copitulated before a ball was kicked. I for the life of me cant understand what the owners ever seen in him.
here we go again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.