MCFC v Sporting Lisbon Match Thread

Chick Counterfly said:
bluevengence said:
There ain`t half some fookin drama queens on here....we lose a pre season friendly and it`s the end of the world for some...........Mancinis tactics are shit blah blah...irelands shit blah blah...jo blah blah...oh ny god the seasons finished for us blah blah

Last year we beat Barcelona but we never went on to piss the league and Barcelona did`nt do too badly did they ?

i'm torn between:

thinking the over-analysis and completely-missing-the-point-of-pre-season over-reaction is fucking hilarious

and

thinking it's a horrific taste of how some fans are going to be this year

I'm leaning towards the first. numpties with hang-overs :)

I fear that if we don`t win every game 3 or 4 nil and play like the 1970 brazil team i can see it being point number two

Some blues are acting like spoilt brats....they need to think of where we have come from and stop stamping their feet and screaming like a little girl when we loose a friendly

Watched the game this morning and was a little surprised how much better Sporting were, but they start for real next week in Europe. For us it was our first real game and missing basically a full team of international/world class players - no reason to panic whatsoever. Apart from Joe, Joleon and Vinny, that could be our reserves next season, positive stuff I say.

Gotta agree with the sentiments about reactions too. I'm dreading our first league defeat.

This board will create an explosion of such proportions where atoms collide at such pace that Bluemoon will be credited with discovering the Higgs Boson before the boffins in Switzerland do.

GaudBlessYa said:
Watched the game this morning and was a little surprised how much better Sporting were, but they start for real next week in Europe. For us it was our first real game and missing basically a full team of international/world class players - no reason to panic whatsoever. Apart from Joe, Joleon and Vinny, that could be our reserves next season, positive stuff I say.

That, and City were treating it like what Mancini had told them it was - a fitness test. They didn't chase balls more than token, they didn't press players on the advance, and they didn't make piercing runs because it's too early and they risk injury. Sporting played like it was their first cup game.

I fink pol were pissed at the time we got up more than the result when we don't beat spuds is going to be the first time when am pissed

i stayed up and watched the game last night. for me it was clear that sporting are ahead of us in their pre-season preparation (which they ought to be as they have euro qualification next week).

it looked a good work out, despite starting with 9 men (Not sure i rate Jo or Cunningham)

ok maybe Micah was to blame for not being tighter on his man, but so what this is an EARLY pre-season friendly and they still have to find their sharpness.

thats all
Capt Mainwairing out<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:14 am --<br /><br />
grantyboy23 said:
I fink pol were pissed at the time we got up more than the result if we don't beat spuds is going to be the first time when am pissed

corrected for you

MCFC BOB said:
Granted, we were poor last night, but we drew 2-2 against Stockport County and finished in the top 10 in the same season. Pre-season is the time to get it wrong.
Aye.

My dad says the last time we won the league we lost every pre season friendly, but then again, my dads gettin on a bit so if he's wrong we'll let that one slide :P<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:17 am --<br /><br />
grantyboy23 said:
I fink pol were pissed at the time we got up more than the result when we don't beat spuds is going to be the first time when am pissed
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lqwdO9fZw[/youtube]

Goater666 said:
mcfc1632 said:
4/ Now I am admittedley an anti-Micah poster and was dismayed to see him start with the armband on. After 20mins though I was wondering if this had been a masterstroke by Mancini as Micah was impressing more than he had in the last 2 years put together - defending and going forward...

But after that brief spell of effort we saw the same old same old - as examples:
a) For the 1st goal - he lost the person he should be marking and made a piss poor effort to jump for the ball (the scorer was a slight chap who should not be able to get free headers)

Was the first goal all Micah's fault? It looked to me that Kompany completely misread the cross and jumped and missed the header.

Obviously Micah should have been a lot tighter to his man, but Kompany as a centre back should have been heading that cross away.

Not his alone - LB and CB as well - but I am looking for improvement in effort and football nous from him - he was given a chance - he did not take it

Balti said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I wont panic just yet. Outside the starting 11 were Given, Kolarov, Kolo Toure, Boateng, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Barry, SWP, David Silva, Robinho, Tevez, Ade etc.

Our reserves lost in a meaningless friendly.

Boohoo.

This^^^^

Some posters need to get a grip FFS. A warm up game involving maybe 4-5 first team players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.