Meanwhile Over on Red cafe

I don't really have a problem with people in different locations supporting a team.

I'd love it if I see a load of foreigners waving my clubs flag around.

It's like in darts, everyone loves Phil Taylor but aren't from where he comes from, and music artists from different countries/regions. If someone came up to me and criticized me for liking Radiohead because I'm not from their city I'd be offended.

Who cares if they're glory hunters? They're only lying to themselves

mcfcliam said:
Some of the posts on that thread on redcafe are absolutely astonishing and blinkered.

I dont live to far from the council house and on a match day the roads to places like Stockport Hyde Ashton etc are usually full of the liars on the way home
why do they run coaches from places like Stockport on a match day

derby day at OT why is their ground always so full of coaches whilst they then bus them in to OT on "normal buses" to make it look like they all live local

Manchester city embarrassing Manchester since 1880

Like this one, ironic eh?

While City fans are going home to Ashton and Stockport, 90% of Old Trafford's crowd are about to get onto the M6 on their way back to the glory hunting cesspits they come from.

Absolutely fucking horrendous post.

When I lived in Fallowfield some 20 years ago it was full of city cunts. 80% of the cunts at my school were city faggots.

Homophobic Red shit raises a very good point here...in Manchester, various areas have a certain majority of support...Gorton, Denton, Moss Side, Fallowfield and Wythenshawe are full of City fans, North Manchester, in my opinion is probably 70/30 to United but I can safely say that probably only 5 of Uniteds 70 go games.

So why is it talking to folk round the pubs, bars and clubs around Manchester I rarely find a city fan?

why indeed...

All their support is from Manchester (and walking distance to the Council House to boot) and up until last season they couldn't fill a ground under 2/3 the size of ours.

And we're the 'glory hunters'?

Hehe.

Pathetic club, pathetic fans.

Fuck off City.

This is posted by a Cockney Red...and I've read some shit in my time, but that is up there with the very worst.

Wow, I'm speechless reading that...since when is anyone claiming that all our support comes from Manchester? It's the majority, but it's not every single one of our fans, you absolute horse shit talker.

So, when you're in a club, when does anyone say 'Are you City or United?' PMSL

Overall, I doubt anyone really gives a genuine fuck, it's not going to stop me supporting City knowing United armchair fans outnumber our proper fans in Manchester.

I clocked that post from that London red and it's as cringeworthy as it gets when discussing this particular subject.

I assume that he only visits Manchester when United are at home so how on earth he can gauge how blue or red the city is is beyond me. It's obvious that a United fan visiting Old Trafford on a home match-day is going to be mixing with other reds and hardly anybody else. Most of the city centre pubs will be full of United fans - whether they're locals or out-of-towners. There won't be many City fans about at all. Similarly, if City are at home it will be pretty much the same story with very few United fans knocking about in town but plenty of City. Judging how many blues or reds there are in Manchester on a City or United home match-day is totally the wrong time to do it because the figures will be skewed to fuck.

And as for asking people in pubs and clubs who they support, what a fucking crock of shite. I'd imagine even Manc-based reds giving him a funny look if they heard some cockney randomly asking a question like that.

It is just brilliant that by saying more blues in Manchester than scum really gets under their skin, same with the Welcome Poster. I personally don't care what the mix of fans is and where they come from, it is just such an easy throw away line you can use to get the fuckers riled.

I can't help but feel that the point of my original post in this thread was completely missed.

Damocles said:
I can't help but feel that the point of my original post in this thread was completely missed.

On the contrary... I think you got exactly what you wanted!

;-))

BoundedCascade said:
Im Canadian and only in the past 4 years have I even discovered my enjoyment for Football. I started watching when Sven came along and I really really enjoyed watching City. BEFORE I decided to decide whether or not I would consistently follow them I researched the history of the team and absolutely fell in love. I have watched a lot of old games but it was the 99 playoff final that really made me love City. After learning about the "typical City" that was the utter essence of it and I enjoyed it.

Now I find myself screaming at the top of my lungs when I watch City on the internet. Which is every single time they play. I do not protest to be a supporter like those in England who give their hard earned money to watch the team. I consider it a privilege to follow this club and when I get the financial ability I am going to come and watch a match and stay for as long as I can in England and watch as many matches as I can and really soak in what it means to be a supporter of City.

I truly Envy every last one of you that get to go to the matches and get to be around the club at all times. I envy the fact that you got those moments when you were younger and watching City and growing into your love for them. I wish I had the same chance.

I live for City. I wake up my first thing I do is check on several websites to see if there is any news about City. I want to talk about them all the time. In fact all I ever want is more and more City. I have given up guaranteed sex simply to watch us get trounced 8 - 1 against Middlesbrough. That is just one specific instance but it has happened a lot. Do I regret it? NO! I love this club that much. I never regret watching them, or talking about them, or anything involving them.

So what I live in a different country? I LOVE this club. I dont have the same relationship with the club as you but at the same time I feel that my love for the club is very strong. I hope you can accept a fan like me, and others like me.
Fair play to you mate. My Missus offered me a 45min blow job if I didn't go to watch City. I said no & we lost 2-1 to Everton in minus 10 conditions! Don't regret it though.

wiki: A common stereotype is that City fans come from Manchester proper, while United fans come from elsewhere. A 2002 report by a researcher at Manchester Metropolitan University found that while it was true that a higher proportion of City season ticket holders came from Manchester postcode areas (40% compared to United's 29%), there were more United season ticket holders, the lower percentage being due to United's higher overall number of season ticket holders (27,667 compared to City's 16,481); not highlighted in the report was that within the City of Manchester itself, there were more City season ticket holders (approximately 4 for every 3 United). The report warned that since the compiling of data in 2001, the number of both City and United season ticket holders had risen; expansion of United's ground and City's move to the City of Manchester Stadium have caused season ticket sales to increase further.

(I checked the research paper - apart from the city centre postcodes, only M8 (Crumpsall) had more United season ticket holders than City. And M16 which is partly in Trafford.)

nashark said:
First, let it be known that United have played in Manchester FOR ONLY 20 YEARS OF THEIR CLUB'S 133 YEAR HISTORY!!!!!! OMFG. LMAO. LOL. ROFL. WTF? Pissed myself laughing.

So already, as we can see, the argument is as relevant as me saying that City have more fans in Zanzibar Town than United.

Second, define fan. United have very few people who actually care about the club. They are simply something to attach to in times of popularity. They are football's version of a Schott Jacket. When the decline comes and Fergie perishes, they'll fuck off back to Kent. So no, I completely reject that notion.

Manchester is blue and forever will be.

Hey, leave Kent out of this. I live there, although originally from Staly Vegas

Vic said:
wiki: A common stereotype is that City fans come from Manchester proper, while United fans come from elsewhere. A 2002 report by a researcher at Manchester Metropolitan University found that while it was true that a higher proportion of City season ticket holders came from Manchester postcode areas (40% compared to United's 29%), there were more United season ticket holders, the lower percentage being due to United's higher overall number of season ticket holders (27,667 compared to City's 16,481); not highlighted in the report was that within the City of Manchester itself, there were more City season ticket holders (approximately 4 for every 3 United). The report warned that since the compiling of data in 2001, the number of both City and United season ticket holders had risen; expansion of United's ground and City's move to the City of Manchester Stadium have caused season ticket sales to increase further.

(I checked the research paper - apart from the city centre postcodes, only M8 (Crumpsall) had more United season ticket holders than City. And M16 which is partly in Trafford.)

That was 2002 - eight years ago. City have increased season ticket sales dramatically in the period and the rags season ticket sales are in steady decline. Fact is that anyone can buy a rag season ticket now because they just can't see them all. Even flogging job lots of discounted tickets to tour companys and that's why you see coach loads of chinese at the swamp - bussed in to try to fill the gaps!
Run that survey now and it'd tell a different story. . . the rags know it and that's why they're having such a silly kiddie fit about the matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.