Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I just don't understand and it's not only limited to Quinn. Bar the Goat who is generally positive about City, however when he does criticise it is in a constructive way, making suggestions to improve rather than being negative.

Yet there seems to be no end of ex city players who are prepared to crawl out of the woodwork to denigrate us. Quinn is one, never heard Steve Howey or Didi Hamman say a good thing about us and the less said about Danny "steal a living" Mills, the better.

Maybe it's my perception.

On the flip side, I can not stand Colin Murray from his MoTD time. However when Hamann has tried to have a go at City, Murray has put him back in his place.

Be interested to listen to Quinns first commentary game on us I swear he was full off positives about our play and players, next game he changed to what he is now!

Last edited:
niall quinn just gave a lovely interview on sly sports.

that comment by Quinn really got on my nerves and it was said with a knowing look IMO, my mrs has been coming with me for the last 5 years ( yes she's a glory hunter ) and she said I've never heard one player singled out for constant abuse, Garcia & Mario were not my favourites but id never shout abuse at the match and Mario was someone who would not even try, i can't see that being the case with Sterling

Actually no it's not.

For BBC World News they will use US$ as a reference point for transactions as the base currency.

For information on the website you would be directed to your local version depending on your IP address. So there may be 3 or 4 different versions of the same article relating to local currency be it US$, GPB or Euros. All of those figures could change depending on the exchange rate at the time.
It's always in Sterling when I go on their website and I'm using a Eurozone IP.

For me a good tactic we've played is this data mining with SAP.

in 50yrs time (if this planet is still here) we would have preserved the data analysis highlighting our achievements such as wins/goals/trophies and how we played on the pitch.
In the record books it will say who won the league/cups and so on and clubs like Liverpool/Scum/Arsenal/Chelsea and City will get the credit for the recent success of English clubs.
Going further back then Forest/Leeds and so on will also get credit but with the way in which we're going digitally we'll have so much fucking data preserved online and easy to access the future generations who will literally have Microsoft/Google/Apple software implanted into their brains like some episode of Futurama will know how good we have been.

When I was a young boy newspapers/tv channels were still relatively important... I haven't read a newspaper for years, and alot of tv channels I watch are with foreign commentary so I can't even understand what it is they're saying.
So if my future Son asks me: Daddy, what is a newspaper? is it like my Ipad Mini 15? I'll explain to him what the gutterpress is and what propaganda is.

The future generations will actually know what the sun is - as they won't be assed paying for a subscription on their shitty website.

Let's play it cool.

Wait until all the hacks are in our press conference room.

Throw a tiger in the room.

Lock the door.

The only reason the media are like they are is because most of the journos don't support City...They mainly support the traditional top 4

This is unavoidable and we will just have to suck it up until the new generation come through the ranks...Chances are there may be a better representation of City journos the more years we are there or thereabouts at the top of the tree

Quinn like all of them has to undergo punter lobotomy before being allowed to appear.

The main treatment is to ensure all Lpool. Gooner and Scum signings get praised whilst the default for City is a good slagging off. It was the same for Chelsea until Mourinho arrived so they are now somewhere in the middle.

If you look carefully you can see pre-lobotomy Niall trying to get out and sing about disco pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.