Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair if I had not been educated via particularly the FFP thread I would probably have assumed that some of the inaccurate, often skewed media reports were a fair reflection on the circumstances.

Perhaps Mr Quinn has not seen the need to defend City, after all unlike virtually all of us, he has not been a City supporter all his life so perhaps thinks more about say Sunderland or Arsenal than us ? Expecting any player who has had a part career with us to particularly retain an allegiance with City is a little optomistic.
I agree he has probably been persuaded to toe the party line and appear to be the voice of fairness among so many ex LFC players at Sky. This is why the LFC single club players / media men at Sky are currently so vocally bitter because they know nothing else except Liverpool and have been brainwashed so are therefore unlikely to be suited to a job that may compromise their allegiance should LFC be involved.

The real question is why Sky have allowed this obvious bias to happen.
I remember reading somewhere that Quinn is still bitter towards us over how we prevented him getting a transfer when he wanted out, some kind of financial pay off, maybe someone could clarify. Whatever the case, ever since I heard his punditry on us. Little light inside I felt for him died, he was a great player for us in troubled times, we rescued his career & probably made him as a top flight player. So sad how it's turned out.

To be fair if I had not been educated via particularly the FFP thread I would probably have assumed that some of the inaccurate, often skewed media reports were a fair reflection on the circumstances.

Perhaps Mr Quinn has not seen the need to defend City, after all unlike virtually all of us, he has not been a City supporter all his life so perhaps thinks more about say Sunderland or Arsenal than us ? Expecting any player who has had a part career with us to particularly retain an allegiance with City is a little optomistic.
I agree he has probably been persuaded to toe the party line and appear to be the voice of fairness among so many ex LFC players at Sky. This is why the LFC single club players / media men at Sky are currently so vocally bitter because they know nothing else except Liverpool and have been brainwashed so are therefore unlikely to be suited to a job that may compromise their allegiance should LFC be involved.

The real question is why Sky have allowed this obvious bias to happen.

Well I agree that Mr Quinn may not have the affinity towards City like us fans do, but I would hope he would give some consideration to the fact that he is in the club's Hall of Fame, and understand by now the underlying status of the club in current times. To a man, you would never hear an ex-rag or scouse acting as indifferently to a former club.

I remember reading somewhere that Quinn is still bitter towards us over how we prevented him getting a transfer when he wanted out, some kind of financial pay off, maybe someone could clarify. Whatever the case, ever since I heard his punditry on us. Little light inside I felt for him died, he was a great player for us in troubled times, we rescued his career & probably made him as a top flight player. So sad how it's turned out.

Lets be fair any ex player may very well have some less than happy thoughts about why they moved on or were sold against their wishes. We may be guilty of thinking we are more special than other teams if we expect anything else.

The team we support in our formative years is the one we will defend through thick and thin. The places we have worked at have mixed memories for all of us so are simply part of our CV not our soul.

IIRC, he had a possible move to Sporting Lisbon that fell through the summer we appointed Alan Ball. I think we may have expected Sporting to stump up the cash for his pay off that he was entitled to because he didn't ask for a move, and that put paid to the deal.

He's always clearly had the greatest affection for Sunderland out of his former clubs, even before he got involved in a boardroom role there. It's still obvious any time he comments on their games. He seemed to me to be really happy at City under Peter Reid, and then to regard all the anti-Swales takeover stuff followed by other changes at the club as ruining a good thing we had going. I think that also affected his perception of MCFC afterwards, and his autobiography seemed to confirm that. (IMO, he was naive in his views because the club was in a pretty horrific off-field state under Swales despite relatively decent league placings under Reid, but that's another story).

I also recall that Quinn never seemed (to me, at least) as critical of or hostile towards us when he cropped up as a Sky regular during 2011/12, after Andy Gray got himself sacked along with Keys. Certainly, back then, whenever Niall commentated on us, there used to be regular moans from opposition fans on Twitter sugegsting he was biased towards us. And I recall more than one Arsenal fan asking why he so clearly preferred us over them when he'd played for them, too.

I'm not saying he was biased towards us, by the way, and admittedly he was always a bit ambivalent about the size of our investment (which I put down to his having been chairman of a rival PL club at the time it happened). However, back in 2012, I definitely didn't see him in the same way as we do now. I thought there was a definite change in his tone between that 2011/12 season and the following season, and I assumed that it was a result of someone at Sky having had a word.

According to Stewart Robson, Pellegrini doesn't have a game plan and all he does is buy good players, puts them in their positions and hopes they win games for him. He must have missed the season before when we won the Premier League and League Cup scoring 156 goals in the process.

Or he's confusing Pellegrini with the Turtle because that's exactly what that shiny headed clown does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.