Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer 2010:

City sign Silva and Yaya, two gargantuan wastes of money at "£30m" and "£28m" respectively according to the majority of "experts". We also manage to end any hope we ever had of winning any silverwear when Villa cunningly prized Zinedine Ireland from us in return for Milner.

At the same time God's Own Football Club signed Joe Cole with Gerrard going on to point out the obvious by stating that Cole was a superior player to Messi.

My question is... are there any City fans out there that don't have a laugh at all this and find it thoroughly reassuring?

Also, as a massive RAG I can't wait for
Schweinsteiger to win the Ballon d'Or and prove he's superior to Messi.

Sky transfer centre has our current spend at 72m? Any ideas on how they get that figure?

As it includes all add-ons with any player we sign but not with others.
eg. Dzeko's transfer fee being quoted as £14M, Sterling's as £49m.

You have to laugh at it all, they say the same year in, year out and they're often wrong. I don't know why people pay for them to give their opinion, they provide little, if any, reasonable insight.

Listening to what David James says about how to spend money is akin to taking seriously information espoused by a Jehovah's Witness about evolution.

To be fair I think this loon should be excluded from our ire due to being totally out of step with the entire world. He obviously has a soft spot for the club that christened him 'Calamity'.

Even the most biased observer should realise that Liverpool have just shipped 6 at Stoke, lost their best player AND their 'inspirational captain' and signed a load of players neither City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal want.

City on the other hand have just won the last 6 matches and were top scorers. For all our faults.

Also I'll put a word in for Danny Murphy. Whilst a fully paid up member of the ex-Dipper mafia, he appeared on TS Alan Brazil this week with the best assessment of City I have heard (and he did tip us to win). I didn't disagree with anything he said about us, yet he has absolutely no reason to favour us.

A good pundit amongst a sea of dross.

Also I'll put a word in for Danny Murphy. Whilst a fully paid up member of the ex-Dipper mafia, he appeared on TS Alan Brazil this week with the best assessment of City I have heard (and he did tip us to win). I didn't disagree with anything he said about us, yet he has absolutely no reason to favour us.

A good pundit amongst a sea of dross.

Agreed, I watched a short interview of him discussing the top 4 this season on BBC and everything he said i pretty much agree with as well, the fact people are overhyping Arsenal and United whilst pretending like us for challenging for the title isn't realistic etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33759925

Still think Danny Murphy is prime candidate for being the Secret footballer. He's clearly intelligent, and his retirement did seem to coincide with the end of it as a regular thing.

I have absolutely no idea how anybody is looking at United and is thinking they're going to win the Premier League.

When they lose De Gea, they're actually weaker than last season where they scraped fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.