Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.

It'll make the 'lad bible' generation laugh whilst not so subtlety reinforcing the media narrative that Mangala is crap.
That in a nutshell is what we're dealing with on a day to day basis. In isolation it could be passed off as a bit of a joke, when it becomes the norm it stops being funny. Wankers.

This is typical of the ridicule City used to receive many years ago so perhaps our older supporters have been brought up to expect this so called humour.
It did not deter me from being a City supporter in fact it stiffened my resolve to continue my defiant following of the team my dad introduced me to.

The difference was that in those days we probably deserved to be the object of local mirth because of antics both on and off the field. Today is different, we have a fantastic owner and a great team so if all they have to throw at us is jokes perhaps they are running out of ammunition ?

just going to say this,twitter is for needy fuckers,i don't give a fuck about twitter,i tried it once and some fucker "followed me " now who in the right mind would follow a 48 year old handsome fucker with a huge p.... and a body to die for **

**not everything in that statement is 100% true,except the 48 year old bit

I suppose they are stuck for things to tweet about now they don't have CL or motd. do ITV actually have any football on this season or is their Twitter feed the only place they can even show a picture of a premier league player? Small time wankers.

SSN actually talking a bit of sense about us for once and not just spouting the usual shite. Danny Higginbottom and Tony Gale giving a fairly honest review. Saying what a good signing Delph is, Sterling overpriced because he's English but still a really good signing. Questioned our full backs and formation at times but in with a shout.

Dirty fuckers, wish they would just slag us off.

Apparently they going to clamp down on diving and could be a 3 match ban! If that's the case Sterling by end of 1St premier game be labeled a diver and he'll be banned for half the season, especially with the media who love to show slow mo after slow mo and label our players..

Exactly what I thought. It'll be a witch hunt of the highest proportions

SSN actually talking a bit of sense about us for once and not just spouting the usual shite. Danny Higginbottom and Tony Gale giving a fairly honest review. Saying what a good signing Delph is, Sterling overpriced because he's English but still a really good signing. Questioned our full backs and formation at times but in with a shout.

Yes, as the silly season comes to an end and actual PL games can be assessed the need for more bias than usual evaporates otherwise our better than expected new season results may leave them with egg on their face.

Wasn't it only Chelsea and Southampton who conceded less than us last season? Wasn't our goal difference the best in the league? Didn't Joe Hart receive the Golden Glove? Mangalas first season and he's admitted that the pace of the PL caught him out.They know Chelsea and ourselves are the teams to beat and hopefully we'll just get over the line ( David James ) just like our last two championship winning seasons.

Listened to David James on the link posted earlier in this thread. I don't think he said anything that bad personally. However, and I haven't read the full report, but seeing what what he said in the gossip page on City's website, that did annoy me.

Whether we like it or not, we did stumble over the line for both our title wins. We haven't (yet) won a title convincingly (like Chelsea did last season), and I think that it is fair enough to point this out, considering the talent we have at the club. I don't think saying that belittles our title wins in any way, but I do think it would be great if we were to have a season whereby we were "convincing" winners.

That's not to say that for either of our title wins we weren't WORTHY winners - we were, without doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.