Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
David James thinks we will finish out of the top 4 and that our model isn't the correct way to go.
I'd rather call him out for being a **** on that evidence, the stumbling over the line part isn't important.

You're probably not going to make friends - at least you got that bit right, though I guess after 11 posts in 4 years that won't bother you too much.

It won't bother me if that's his post total in the next 4 years ;-)
his last 4 posts were like groundhog day. Same sentiment, just the words in a different order.

David James thinks we will finish out of the top 4 and that our model isn't the correct way to go.
I'd rather call him out for being a **** on that evidence, the stumbling over the line part isn't important.

You're probably not going to make friends - at least you got that bit right, though I guess after 11 posts in 4 years that won't bother you too much.

I did say in my first post that James' quote (as written on the City website) annoyed me.

Although unlike you, I wouldn't call anyone a **** for having an opinion, even if their opinion is one that I don't agree with and/or is ultimately proven to be incorrect. Which naturally I hope it is in James' case. And I think it will be over the course of the season.

You're right though - whether I make friends or not won't bother me.

Here we are again - people assuming that the word stumble is a negative comment. It isn't. It's a factual comment, and you Bozzie have pretty much just inferred why. The players were trying to win a title for a club that hadn't won a title in 44 years, and so they felt the pressure. That they overcame this pressure and won the title is a credit to them. It's a credit that they were able to find two injury time goals to produce a moment that will go down in history.

You just can't get past your own perceived perception of the word stumble! We didn't sprint past the finishing line, leaving all our competitors in our wake. That simply did not happen. That it didn't happen for our two recent title wins (and indeed our last title win before that) isn't a slight on us, it's just a statement of fact. It's understandable, given the circumstances that you point out, why it did happen. Yet despite effectively agreeing with it (and offering up reasons why it was the case) you still take umbrage at the mere suggestion that it was what actually happened.

You seem to have your head up your own arse. And can't stand it when anything that has even the mere hint of negativity is mentioned in the same breath as the word City.

I'm probably not going to make any friends with my last few comments, but the replies I've had to my last few comments just reek of paranoia and an inability to at least attempt to try and objectively understand what is actually being said.

Can you think of any other seasons in Premiership history where the winners have been described as 'stumbling over the line'?
We normally just hear about what a tough league this is to win and that it takes chatacter etc etc.
Chelsea won the league last season convingly as there was no real sustained challenge from anybody.
That wasn't the case in either of our title wins, and for pundits to say we stumbled over the line is a pathetic attempt to devalue them.

I did say in my first post that James' quote (as written on the City website) annoyed me.

Although unlike you, I wouldn't call anyone a **** for having an opinion, even if their opinion is one that I don't agree with and/or is ultimately proven to be incorrect. Which naturally I hope it is in James' case. And I think it will be over the course of the season.

You're right though - whether I make friends or not won't bother me.
I think the weight of evidence I've seen over the years points to James being a **** regardless of what he's said in his latest piece.

It's probably best that it won't bother you wherever you make friends or not.

Listened to David James on the link posted earlier in this thread. I don't think he said anything that bad personally. However, and I haven't read the full report, but seeing what what he said in the gossip page on City's website, that did annoy me.

Whether we like it or not, we did stumble over the line for both our title wins. We haven't (yet) won a title convincingly (like Chelsea did last season), and I think that it is fair enough to point this out, considering the talent we have at the club. I don't think saying that belittles our title wins in any way, but I do think it would be great if we were to have a season whereby we were "convincing" winners.

That's not to say that for either of our title wins we weren't WORTHY winners - we were, without doubt.

Not piling-in on you here Ripley's - I get your point having seen your explanation. But I don't agree at all. A league win is a league win and with equal worth and value whether won at a canter due to the feeble competition, or otherwise and by the slimmest of tight margins. It's not any less "convincing" to win the league on the last day of the season than it is to win it with 10 games to go. In fact you could argue that the latter is less worthy as the competition were clearly not up to the job. Just an alternative view.

Not piling-in on you here Ripley's - I get your point having seen your explanation. But I don't agree at all. A league win is a league win and with equal worth and value whether won at a canter due to the feeble competition, or otherwise and by the slimmest of tight margins. It's not any less "convincing" to win the league on the last day of the season than it is to win it with 10 games to go. In fact you could argue that the latter is less worthy as the competition were clearly not up to the job. Just an alternative view.

To be fair, I said in 3 posts now that City were worthy winners of the title on both occasions.

I think you raise a good point - it can be argued that a last day title win is more worthy than a team who wins with several games to go. I would agree with that, and in all honesty, the emotion that such a win generates makes it all the more worthwhile. Despite what I went through that day, I wouldn't change that day for the world.

That doesn't negate my point however (which people seem to have taken umbrage with). To say we "stumbled" across the line - I don't see it as a negative, but rather as a reflection of what actually happened. Right up until the last moment, it could have gone either way - I see it as us having the character to get across the line DESPITE the challenge of our competitors.

In short, I just don't see it as a slight against us when someone says we "stumbled across the line". I just see it as a factual statement - one that is reflective of what actually happened.

Here we are again - people assuming that the word stumble is a negative comment. It isn't. It's a factual comment, and you Bozzie have pretty much just inferred why. The players were trying to win a title for a club that hadn't won a title in 44 years, and so they felt the pressure. That they overcame this pressure and won the title is a credit to them. It's a credit that they were able to find two injury time goals to produce a moment that will go down in history.

You just can't get past your own perceived perception of the word stumble! We didn't sprint past the finishing line, leaving all our competitors in our wake. That simply did not happen. That it didn't happen for our two recent title wins (and indeed our last title win before that) isn't a slight on us, it's just a statement of fact. It's understandable, given the circumstances that you point out, why it did happen. Yet despite effectively agreeing with it (and offering up reasons why it was the case) you still take umbrage at the mere suggestion that it was what actually happened.

You seem to have your head up your own arse. And can't stand it when anything that has even the mere hint of negativity is mentioned in the same breath as the word City.

I'm probably not going to make any friends with my last few comments, but the replies I've had to my last few comments just reek of paranoia and an inability to at least attempt to try and objectively understand what is actually being said.

Is it fuck. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.