Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same man who on Soccer Saturday in 2010 dismissed the signings of Silva and Toure, saying "they still don't have any players in the Gerrard or Rooney class" or words to that effect.

I sometimes wonder if these idiots remember what they've said from one week to the next.

Probably not but they should be reminded at every opportunity.

When Richard Keys and most people in the media keep saying FFPR have been relax pointing to why we have spent 150m its no wonder it sticks to even someone like Brady!
Yeah well they'll have to backtrack when we keep breaking even/ turning profits.

Had to laugh at Robbie savage in todays Mirror.He apologised for the printing error in August when it should have read Manchester City and not Manchester United to win the PL.
At least he`s had the balls to admit the error of his ways.

It's not balls, every football fan knows Savage predicted we'd fail this season, add that to the fact that his cheeky grin and whimsical charm no longer conceals that he's as dumb as doorknob and he's bricking it in fear that his gravy train pundit days may be numbered. Of late he's been getting stick from other football pundits sharing a studio with him. I heard one commentator berate him on a phone in for losing it with callers by answering questions with another question, you could tell from the tone in Savage's voice he wasn't expecting that. Notice too how often in a group of fellow talking heads he's out of step, claiming a position, not with any analysis that holds up, but with a declaration "well, that's what I think".

Well, increasingly, no one gives a shit what he thinks, so now he's got to cover his tracks, with "Ah, yes, but".

I can't remember whether it was the Everton or Watford game radio commentary, but he was slagging us off right up to the point we scored the first goal, then after the second he was oozing oily praise. The man is a dolt who's got away with it for far too long, and he's become increasingly aware that he's surrounded by "important" people (people that matter to him) who are beginning to realise it.

It's not balls, every football fan knows Savage predicted we'd fail this season, add that to the fact that his cheeky grin and whimsical charm no longer conceals that he's as dumb as doorknob and he's bricking it in fear that his gravy train pundit days may be numbered. Of late he's been getting stick from other football pundits sharing a studio with him. I heard one commentator berate him on a phone in for losing it with callers by answering questions with another question, you could tell from the tone in Savage's voice he wasn't expecting that. Notice too how often in a group of fellow talking heads he's out of step, claiming a position, not with any analysis that holds up, but with a declaration "well, that's what I think".

Well, increasingly, no one gives a shit what he thinks, so now he's got to cover his tracks, with "Ah, yes, but".

I can't remember whether it was the Everton or Watford game radio commentary, but he was slagging us off right up to the point we scored the first goal, then after the second he was oozing oily praise. The man is a dolt who's got away with it for far too long, and he's become increasingly aware that he's surrounded by "important" people (people that matter to him) who are beginning to realise it.

Great post and a very astute summation of the qualities and deficiencies of Robbie Savage the pundit, every bit as limited in his pundit role as he was as a footballer.

Totally agree about savage, a total dick. His opinion is always right and if you disagree on his phone in, he'll say " you're wrong, you're wrong" until the caller gives in. Bit of a self important bully if you ask me.

Karren Brady, vice-chairman of West Ham United FC, is using her column in The Sun to show her bitterness towards us today.

Apparently, 'after a recent rule amendment friendly to zillionaires, Sheikh Mansour can now spend what oil-well earnings he likes - and he did just that in huge transfers, plus skyscraper wages.'

She still refers to us as the noisy neighbours as well. Thought we had lost that slur a while back.

She once asked Ron if it was awkward playing his son Dalien when he was Villa manager..... She's a know-nowt idiot.

I think what grinds most of our gears is that these people are paid a great deal of money to offer their considered opinions on the game, but rather than do that, instead they think and talk like supporters. It shows a complete lack of respect for their (lucrative) contracts.

Savage, like Dublin and Phil Neville before him, made these predictions because it's what they want to happen, rather than something they've actually given any meaningful thought to. It's that complete lack of professionalism that pisses me off. People who are well rewarded should respect that and respect the job they are supposed to do. That's what annoys me more than anything; an inability to be objective and fair when that is what they are, ostensibly, paid handsomely to do. It's why I'm always prepared to defend Gary Neville; he might secretly despise City, but it doesn't reflect in his output. Any criticism from him towards City is well thought out and considered and therefore worthy of merit. Nobody should mind criticism if it is well reasoned and fair.

I just can't stand people being rewarded for doing a job so poorly and in such an unprofessional manner. They have no respect for their contract and no respect for themselves.

Last edited:
I think what grinds most of our gears is that these people are paid a great deal of money to offer their considered opinions on the game, but rather than do that, instead they think and talk like supporters. It shows a complete lack of respect for their (lucrative) contracts.

Savage, like Dublin and Phil Neville before him, made these predictions because it's what they want to happen, rather than something they've actually given any meaningful thought to. It's that complete lack of professionalism that pisses me off. People who are well rewarded should respect that and respect the job they are supposed to do. That's what annoys me more than anything; an inability to be objective and fair when that is what they are, ostensibly, paid handsomely to do. It's why I'm always prepared to defend Gary Neville; he might secretly despise City, but it doesn't reflect in his output. Any criticism from him towards City is well thought out and considered and therefore worthy of merit. Nobody should mind criticism if it is well reasoned and fair.

I just can't stand people being rewarded for doing a job so poorly and in such an unprofessional manner. They have no respect for their contract and no respect for themselves.
Eloquently put as always

A perfect summation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.