Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't directly relate to that of course but I think it shows up an interesting point. They clearly protect their image quite ruthlessly and I suspect their position is that releasing attendance figures which might show they didn't have anything like a full house would be bad for that image. Baconface's book shows that, with him being economical with the truth about some key events. Also explains why he blew his top about the 'Welcome To Manchester' poster, because it held them up to ridicule publicly. And the media are generally complicit in this. Where are the critical stories about them refusing to release attendance figures? Someone like Charles Sale at The Mail would normally be all over this sort of thing.

So if part of their PR strategy is talking us down, as well as talking themselves up, then a complicit media will help them do that.

We should just change the title of the thread again. 'The Media: what a bunch of cunts' has a nice ring to it.

Rumour was Dixon left the BBC because he'd reached the end of his rope with Alan Shearer and his constant interruptions in order to say something inane and unintelligent.

Not sure what Shearer was earning but at the time the 'big three', Lineaker, Hansan and Lawro were reportedly on 2.5m, 1.5m and 1m a year respectively and Dixon got a couple of grand an appearance. Still good money but nothing like those guys but you're right, he definitely wanted a higher profile role.

Pointless, uninformed antagonistic article probably explained away as 'top banter', perpetuating the myth of our inability to fill our stadium. Written by a Chelsea supporter with a Welsh rag father. No bias.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/this-sums-up-manchester-city-fans-perfectly/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TransferTavern+(The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page)

The 'author':

@RebeccaKnight01

http://lafootyettes.com/2013/08/rebecca-knight/#1w0cDVOFjlfU85y0.97

I cannot believe what I heard on BT Sport 1 during the Spurs game. "City have lost 5 core players which form part of their spine, yet take away those five core players and they just look ordinary"....WTF!
Take any one main player from any team and it will effect results. City lost five, yet no sympathy or comments to that effecting the result...

I cannot believe what I heard on BT Sport 1 during the Spurs game. "City have lost 5 core players which form part of their spine, yet take away those five core players and they just look ordinary"....WTF!
Take any one main player from any team and it will effect results. City lost five, yet no sympathy or comments to that effecting the result...

Yes, my thoughts exactly - uneducated nobbers.

Classic quote from Redcrapp.

Unbelievable.

@RobHarris: Stadium for Man City-Bristol Women's SL game has many empty seats (on BBC1 now) - on a day with just 1 less attractive PL game live on TV

We have the biggest average crowd and the biggest crowd in the division's history!

Unbelievable.

@RobHarris: Stadium for Man City-Bristol Women's SL game has many empty seats (on BBC1 now) - on a day with just 1 less attractive PL game live on TV

We have the biggest average crowd and the biggest crowd in the division's history!

Seen that didn't respond because I feel it was tongue in cheek to get a fans to bite saying that I bet the woman's attendances is higher than any other womans team! But hey he probably couldn't be arsed doing any research on that! Anyway that attendance was 100% higher than the scums womans team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.