Media bias - yes that old chestnut

In an ideal world Martin Tyler would have shouted
"Oh fuck a fanny, the stuffy fuckers have fluked an offside goal , one which they didn't deserve in any way shape or form, City have been magnificent, the injustice has made my balls retract in disgust".

But he didn't!

Neil McNab said:
"Oh fuck a fanny, the stuffy fuckers have fluked an offside goal , one which they didn't deserve in any way shape or form, City have been magnificent, the injustice has made my balls retract in disgust".

But he didn't!

Yeah ;-)

What is described in the original post does happen but I don't think it is bias. Commentators are essentially sales people for sky/espn or whoever they work for. They constantly describe things in a way that suits whatever slant they are putting on a match. For instance how many games played by top 4 sides have been described as jaw dropping when in fact they have been complete horse poop. Sky can't attract customers by saying it as it is, seriously who would pay £30 a month for the odd chance of watching a decent game but the majority of the time being bored stupid. When the adverts come on they always use bits of in game commentary at critical moments, usually with Tyler's particular brand of screeching. Yesterdays goal will probably now be used to show fans of lower quality teams that in the premier league last second miracles can happen and that in turn will sell subscriptions.

I have watched City play average yet the commentators have described it to be the greatest team to grace the premier league. I have watched Sunderland destroy Chelski at Stamford Bridge yet have it described as a hard fought match since that was the slant sky wished to put on it (they were mauled, never even close). And don't get me started on Man Utd/Arsenal how many games of theirs are talked up to be legendary when in fact it is mostly piss poor opposition.

To sum up, yeah it happens but it's purely a marketing device. Not really a global conspiracy to devalue Man City.

Neil McNab said:

But he didn't!

It's impressive that you can post that with no typos with your tongue so far up Tyler's arse.

Sorry you're so upset precious that someone has the temerity to question your boyfriend's ability to be balanced in his job :/

-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 am --

RyantheBlue said:
Neil McNab said:
REALITY CHECK: Small minded person accuses broad minded people of being small minded!

You're talking rubbish, Martin Tyler hates us, the OP can find at least 4 occasions where he wasn't exactly excited about us, and there definitely aren't several occasions where Tyler has in fact been very excited by things City did.

Occassions that you keep mentioning yet can't provide anything to show it.
santalol.gif

What was it you said about can't be arsed typing anymore but yet you still keep coming back like a pavlovian dog?

park the bus said:
What is described in the original post does happen but I don't think it is bias. Commentators are essentially sales people for sky/espn or whoever they work for. They constantly describe things in a way that suits whatever slant they are putting on a match. For instance how many games played by top 4 sides have been described as jaw dropping when in fact they have been complete horse poop. Sky can't attract customers by saying it as it is, seriously who would pay £30 a month for the odd chance of watching a decent game but the majority of the time being bored stupid. When the adverts come on they always use bits of in game commentary at critical moments, usually with Tyler's particular brand of screeching. Yesterdays goal will probably now be used to show fans of lower quality teams that in the premier league last second miracles can happen and that in turn will sell subscriptions.

I have watched City play average yet the commentators have described it to be the greatest team to grace the premier league. I have watched Sunderland destroy Chelski at Stamford Bridge yet have it described as a hard fought match since that was the slant sky wished to put on it (they were mauled, never even close). And don't get me started on Man Utd/Arsenal how many games of theirs are talked up to be legendary when in fact it is mostly piss poor opposition.

To sum up, yeah it happens but it's purely a marketing device. Not really a global conspiracy to devalue Man City.

Perhaps my favourite post of the thread. Barring all of my own! ;)<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 am --<br /><br />
Berkovic_blue said:
Neil McNab said:

But he didn't!

It's impressive that you can post that with no typos with your tongue so far up Tyler's arse.

Sorry you're so upset precious that someone has the temerity to question your boyfriend's ability to be balanced in his job :/

-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:17 am --

RyantheBlue said:
Neil McNab said:
REALITY CHECK: Small minded person accuses broad minded people of being small minded!

You're talking rubbish, Martin Tyler hates us, the OP can find at least 4 occasions where he wasn't exactly excited about us, and there definitely aren't several occasions where Tyler has in fact been very excited by things City did.

Occassions that you keep mentioning yet can't provide anything to show it.
santalol.gif

What was it you said about can't be arse typing anymore but yet you still keep coming back like a pavlovian dog?
Oh sorry, I watched the darts instead of trawling through footage to disprove your theory. I'v kind of just accepted that regardless you'll think Tyler hates us, and I haven't the energy to disprove.

As for the coming back, it was merely just a change of mood. I logged off, realised I was a tad bored, then came back on, this thread happened to still be there, so I thought I'd recontribute.

I'd stick to embarassing yourself in that other thread if I were you.

You've consistently misrepresented my posts in here even when it's in black and white right in front of you, you thick bastard. Only trying to help you learn lad, you need to reply to what's been said, not some stereotype strawman that exists in your mind
santalol.gif

Berkovic_blue said:

You've consistently misrepresented my posts in here even when it's in black and white right in front of you, you thick bastard. Only trying to help you learn lad, you need to reply to what's been said, not some stereotype strawman that exists in your mind
santalol.gif
I was replying to what had been said, your constant bullshit.
Your selective memory about Tyler, but I've honestly just got bored with it, usually I'd have tried harder, but I just can't be fussed. Like I said over and over, I know he's not always quiet and unexcited, but I truly don't have the energy to find proof, so you win, and I genuinely think this may be an achievement that you value highly.

RyantheBlue said:
Berkovic_blue said:

santalol.gif
I was replying to what had been said, your constant bullshit.
Your selective memory about Tyler, but I've honestly just got bored with it, usually I'd have tried harder, but I just can't be fussed. Like I said over and over, I know he's not always quiet and unexcited, but I truly don't have the energy to find proof, so you win, and I genuinely think this may be an achievement that you value highly.

Edited due to PM received from ryan, line drawn there. We're all blues and want the best for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.