Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Listened to Talksport on way to the match. Ray Houghton was having a go at Mancini about complaining about fixture congestion. None of the pundits seem to realise that of the teams that played twice in 48 hours, only City were playing against a team that had a 4 day break. All the rest were playing against other teams that had the same break or only one day different. Even Dalglish agreed with Mancini. Houghton also implied that City shouldn't complain because we have a massive squad. Last time I checked it was the same size as everyone elses but with an AWOL striker.

Berkovic_blue said:
Como Cat said:
Half-time today all we heard was an excited redknapp reviewing the game from an overtly Liverpool perspective. Subsequently, I got the impression that the producer asked for more Neville involvement and we finally got a more balanced approach to the match. I honestly think that Neville is pretty good at what he does, which makes a change from the apologists for the original Sky big 4. perhaps if City win the league the bias will change.

Neville is pissing me off with his constant reasonableness lol. It's far too out of character when he was such a twat as a player

just watched the post match stuff on $ky

who has kidnapped Gary Chuckle and replaced him with this lookalike ffs? he said all sorts of reasonable and positive things about us and even defended Bobby when he came under attack?!

Balti said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Como Cat said:
Half-time today all we heard was an excited redknapp reviewing the game from an overtly Liverpool perspective. Subsequently, I got the impression that the producer asked for more Neville involvement and we finally got a more balanced approach to the match. I honestly think that Neville is pretty good at what he does, which makes a change from the apologists for the original Sky big 4. perhaps if City win the league the bias will change.

Neville is pissing me off with his constant reasonableness lol. It's far too out of character when he was such a twat as a player

just watched the post match stuff on $ky

who has kidnapped Gary Chuckle and replaced him with this lookalike ffs? he said all sorts of reasonable and positive things about us and even defended Bobby when he came under attack?!

I outright admit it i like him as a pundit and it is easy for me to separate Neville the player to Neville the pundit.

west didsblue said:
Listened to Talksport on way to the match. Ray Houghton was having a go at Mancini about complaining about fixture congestion. None of the pundits seem to realise that of the teams that played twice in 48 hours, only City were playing against a team that had a 4 day break. All the rest were playing against other teams that had the same break or only one day different. Even Dalglish agreed with Mancini. Houghton also implied that City shouldn't complain because we have a massive squad. Last time I checked it was the same size as everyone elses but with an AWOL striker.

Heh, spot on. Keep hearing that from various sources, some pundits really are thick as shit and don't realise there's a 25 man limit for every club. If he'd said strongest squad he might have had a point, but he'd probably also slag Mancini for fielding a supposedly weakened side at Sunderland.

Watching the match today in U.S. on espn2, wondering if any U.K. blues can tell me who this Ian Darke is? Watched the Sunderland match on Fox via Sky feed and thought Tyler was a total twat, but this guy Darke is unbelievably biased against City. While he is paired with Steve MacMenamin who, although he has obvious ties to Liverpool, tried at times to level out this nitwit Darke's commentary, Darke's pointless drivel angered me so much I found the time to fire off an e-mail to espn to complain on his anti-City rantings. What angered me most though was in his post-match comments he threw this gem at espn viewers in the U.S. " With todays victory City has taken a 3 point lead over Manchester's favoured team United". Did this idiot formerly work at MUTV or for the MUEN? Please somebody clear this up for me. Thanks, rant over.

deegee33 said:
Watching the match today in U.S. on espn2, wondering if any U.K. blues can tell me who this Ian Darke is? Watched the Sunderland match on Fox via Sky feed and thought Tyler was a total twat, but this guy Darke is unbelievably biased against City. While he is paired with Steve MacMenamin who, although he has obvious ties to Liverpool, tried at times to level out this nitwit Darke's commentary, Darke's pointless drivel angered me so much I found the time to fire off an e-mail to espn to complain on his anti-City rantings. What angered me most though was in his post-match comments he threw this gem at espn viewers in the U.S. " With todays victory City has taken a 3 point lead over Manchester's favoured team United". Did this idiot formerly work at MUTV or for the MUEN? Please somebody clear this up for me. Thanks, rant over.

Darke used to work for Sky and primarily did boxing commentary. Tbh haven't heard him commentate on our games for a while and don't remember him being especially bad but that line about United being the favoured team is horrendous

deegee33 said:

He was a boxing commentator for Sky few years back.

Show's his lack of footballing knowledge really....

Berkovic_blue said:
Martin Tyler did his usual willing on of the opposition to score which is to be expected these days it seems.

What's more bizarre is the other match coverage out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328586.stm Absolutely no mention of the goal being offside which is a bit strange considering it was the defining moment of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/sunderland-manchester-city-minute-by-minute
90+2 min: Ha-ha! Having assembled a squad worth £600m, Roberto Mancini is signalling his players to lump the ball long into the Sunderland penalty area at the earliest possible opportunity. Splendid!

Peep! Peep! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! It's all over and injury-ravaged Sunderland have won with practically the final kick of the game after an absolutely splendid team effort and a wonderful individual goal ... which, em, may have been offside, but let's not dwell on that. What a sensational outcome!

£600m? What a load of absolute shit. As for not dwelling on the offside? Is he fucking serious? What the fuck happened to impartial journalism?

Anyone calling me paranoid can kindly go and boil their head. I don't expect the media to kiss our arse but the active hatred is just pathetic.

I hope we use this as motivation and ram it back down their throats until they fucking choke tbh.

And in case there was any doubt about it being clearly offside:
qqzldx.png

Even by guardian standards that is the most ridiculous article I have ever read.

Currently on sky sports news

TOP STORY: Yaya and Kolo not playing in derby

NOT MENTIONED: United losing at Newcastle

hmmmmmmmm

pauldominic said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Martin Tyler did his usual willing on of the opposition to score which is to be expected these days it seems.

What's more bizarre is the other match coverage out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328586.stm Absolutely no mention of the goal being offside which is a bit strange considering it was the defining moment of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/sunderland-manchester-city-minute-by-minute
90+2 min: Ha-ha! Having assembled a squad worth £600m, Roberto Mancini is signalling his players to lump the ball long into the Sunderland penalty area at the earliest possible opportunity. Splendid!

Peep! Peep! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! It's all over and injury-ravaged Sunderland have won with practically the final kick of the game after an absolutely splendid team effort and a wonderful individual goal ... which, em, may have been offside, but let's not dwell on that. What a sensational outcome!

£600m? What a load of absolute shit. As for not dwelling on the offside? Is he fucking serious? What the fuck happened to impartial journalism?

Anyone calling me paranoid can kindly go and boil their head. I don't expect the media to kiss our arse but the active hatred is just pathetic.

I hope we use this as motivation and ram it back down their throats until they fucking choke tbh.

And in case there was any doubt about it being clearly offside:
qqzldx.png

Even by guardian standards that is the most ridiculous article I have ever read.

Has that picture been photoshopped or sumat?

Sunderland scored a lot earlier than that clock shows!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.