Media bias - yes that old chestnut

Tyler's an arsehole been saying for years, not bothered what the rag section think on here with their sly digs, no one is saying it is Tyler's fault for the defeat, most people with common sense just want a unbiased commentary, i look at Tyler as an enemy of the team I support.

Only just caught the clip of the match on the BBC news. OMG! I have NEVER seen/heard commentary like it when Ji Dong Won scored. It was like 'Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (in a screaming booming voice)............he's done iittttt! Like it was England scoring the winning goal in the World Cup. Please tell me it wasn't like this all match?

intheknow! said:
Only just caught the clip of the match on the BBC news. OMG! I have NEVER seen/heard commentary like it when Ji Dong Won scored. It was like 'Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (in a screaming booming voice)............he's done iittttt! Like it was England scoring the winning goal in the World Cup. Please tell me it wasn't like this all match?

Not the whole match but he was willing them to score for the last 10 mins at least, hence him spunking his trousers when they did. Never remember him being this bad but this season he's been shocking, QPR and Liverpool games spring to mind

argyle said:
The guy who wrote that crap in the guardian is on twitter at https://twitter.com/bglendenning for those that would like to have a little chat with him.

Already done :D

Only one of the match reports I've read (the Mail) even mentioned the goal was offside and they called it marginal. It was plain as day. Fuck 'em tbh

Berkovic_blue said:
Martin Tyler did his usual willing on of the opposition to score which is to be expected these days it seems.

What's more bizarre is the other match coverage out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328586.stm Absolutely no mention of the goal being offside which is a bit strange considering it was the defining moment of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/sunderland-manchester-city-minute-by-minute
90+2 min: Ha-ha! Having assembled a squad worth £600m, Roberto Mancini is signalling his players to lump the ball long into the Sunderland penalty area at the earliest possible opportunity. Splendid!

Peep! Peep! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! It's all over and injury-ravaged Sunderland have won with practically the final kick of the game after an absolutely splendid team effort and a wonderful individual goal ... which, em, may have been offside, but let's not dwell on that. What a sensational outcome!

£600m? What a load of absolute shit. As for not dwelling on the offside? Is he fucking serious? What the fuck happened to impartial journalism?

Anyone calling me paranoid can kindly go and boil their head. I don't expect the media to kiss our arse but the active hatred is just pathetic.

I hope we use this as motivation and ram it back down their throats until they fucking choke tbh.

And in case there was any doubt about it being clearly offside:
qqzldx.png
The linesman isn't stood in the right place (this will happen a lot, it's impossible for them to be in the right place all the time as play moves back and forth very often). From where he's stood Zaba and the goalscorer are in a straight line with him. I don't blame the officials at all for this.

ManCitizens. said:
carlosthejackal said:
Here here, its all Tylers fault, FFS. We got what we deserved , fuck all.

yes the team that defended with 10 men for 90 minutes hopeing for 1 or 2 breaks all game is great football and Sunderland fully deserved their win.

Are you for real?

They created better chances than us and won - doesnt matter how. They got the job done.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm --<br /><br />
danburge82 said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Martin Tyler did his usual willing on of the opposition to score which is to be expected these days it seems.

What's more bizarre is the other match coverage out there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16328586.stm Absolutely no mention of the goal being offside which is a bit strange considering it was the defining moment of the game.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/sunderland-manchester-city-minute-by-minute
90+2 min: Ha-ha! Having assembled a squad worth £600m, Roberto Mancini is signalling his players to lump the ball long into the Sunderland penalty area at the earliest possible opportunity. Splendid!

Peep! Peep! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! It's all over and injury-ravaged Sunderland have won with practically the final kick of the game after an absolutely splendid team effort and a wonderful individual goal ... which, em, may have been offside, but let's not dwell on that. What a sensational outcome!

£600m? What a load of absolute shit. As for not dwelling on the offside? Is he fucking serious? What the fuck happened to impartial journalism?

Anyone calling me paranoid can kindly go and boil their head. I don't expect the media to kiss our arse but the active hatred is just pathetic.

I hope we use this as motivation and ram it back down their throats until they fucking choke tbh.

And in case there was any doubt about it being clearly offside:
qqzldx.png
The linesman isn't stood in the right place (this will happen a lot, it's impossible for them to be in the right place all the time as play moves back and forth very often). From where he's stood Zaba and the goalscorer are in a straight line with him. I don't blame the officials at all for this.

The line thats drawn isnt straight

ANY1aBLUE said:
The line thats drawn isnt straight

lol, well he's offside whichever way you look at it.

I disagree with your assessment that they created the best chances. I'm surprised by the rampant negativity on here as well, are people expecting perfection every game?

I used to like Tyler and Tyler used to like us - turns out it was the patronizing pat-the-underachiever-on-back like, and now he treats us with the same disdain as the others and wills the opposition to win. He and Wilkins are first class tw@ts.

intheknow! said:
^this.
His commentary was disgusting. Praising the Anti-Football sunderland showed was sickening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.