Media coverage 2018/19

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 2 Nov 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiny

spiny

That was my understanding. The VAR interpretation that it "came off the knee" was based on the speed it flew into the goal. had it not hit the arm of Llorente then the ball would have had neither the same speed or direction. Pushing/deflecting onto his hip/thigh area was a clear instance of gaining an unfair advantage from a handball, regardless of any question of intent.

2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The application of handball within the penalty area via VAR will be based on different criteria than if the ball came into contact with hand or arm outside the area. I think the sole purpose will be to benefit particular teams and disadvantage others.

Newman Noggs and Dave S like this.
  3. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Llorente 's handball never happened then ? Any contact with the arm or hand accidental or not in the penalty are is now considered an offence in the Champs league , the referee changed the rule on the night and we didnt go through , and yes with Kun's penalty we should have gone through by two clear goals. As for conceding a "bunch" of goals ' the Dippers conceded more goals in the Champs league than us , and won it.

4. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Obviously, I hope your suspicion is wrong.
    We'll find out in a few months.

5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

The goals comment was intended to be only about the Spurs match, not the whole competition.

6. Withnail

Withnail

No change there then.

7. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

8. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Well at least it would have been 4-2 on the night

9. karen7

karen7

We shouldn't have to click on it,we are the champions,we should be on the main page
    The BBC are supposed to be unbiased

10. Steadfast

Steadfast

I thought about this earlier as I had the same thoughts as you. Then got busy with work However your post prompted me so I've submitted the below complaint to them. Thanks for the reminder

I've heard lots on fan forums about the bias shown by the BBC when it comes to a story or presentation of sports (football) in favour of LFC. Being a City fan I generally let it wash over me. But today the BBC are deliberately taking the mick. First page of BBC sport site reporting on the fixtures for next season has LFC holding aloft the CL trophy. Now come on here I know all your pundits are biased towards them but bloody hell this is nothing to do with the PL so for one its inappropriate, and two it just goes to show the bias is ingrained within the BBC. Manchester City are the champions not LFC. Manchester City gained 98 points last season so that's a RECORD breaking 198 points in the last two seasons. We hold a quadruple of English trophies and two more from last season that's SIX trophies in two years. We broke into the teens in PL records over the last two seasons and you insult us with LFC holding aloft the CL trophy on a story about the PL. You have got to be joking! You dont even hide your bias these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.