Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was and he has always been regarding saying anything positive about anything to do with us I thought his recent brush with death would have made him see the world in a different light, but no he remains the same miserable spiteful bastard he always was. Some people deserve a second chance........then there is Hoddle.
Hoddle will always be remembered as the man who was sacked because he said that people who were disabled were "being punished for their sins in an earlier life." That comment tells you all you need to know about his character. He is a loathsome individual who, despite being blessed with talent, significantly underachieved in his career. I saw him play many times against City and he was lazy and inconsistent. He is famous for a few great goals on TV but match-going fans know differently.

Barney Ronay has a fancy turn of phrase for a cvnt. More interested in linguistic gymnastics than objective assessment.

Barney Ronay is not as clever as he thinks he is.
Barney Ronay is not as funny as he thinks he is.
Barney Ronay is like a character made up by Steve Coogan before he came up with Alan Partridge.
In short, BRIAC.

Hoddle will always be remembered as the man who was sacked because he said that people who were disabled were "being punished for their sins in an earlier life." That comment tells you all you need to know about his character. He is a loathsome individual who, despite being blessed with talent, significantly underachieved in his career. I saw him play many times against City and he was lazy and inconsistent. He is famous for a few great goals on TV but match-going fans know differently.

I agree I saw him play live many times and while he undoubtedly had a lot of talent, he was one of those players who's hype was bigger than his ability to deliver it on a regular basis.

Like a lot of religious nuts they usually have less empathy and compassion than most atheists and he certainly fits that bill. An odious mean spirited individual.

I don't know what all the fuss is about this Starling fellah, the first was a tap in into an empty net, the penalty was never one, he had lost control of the ball, his second goal was from a very unlucky deflection and he then mis-hit it and his third was going wide until another deflection.

I don't know what all the fuss is about this Starling fellah, the first was a tap in into an empty net, the penalty was never one, he had lost control of the ball, his second goal was from a very unlucky deflection and he then mis-hit it and his third was going wide until another deflection.
Your synopsis could have been describing many of the Goats games :-)

You think it's reasonable to describe Joe Hart as "overwrought and pumped on his own importance", or "fixed as an emblem of unearned English arrogance, ambassador of generation nowhere" ?

Comment about his performances for England.."He played in the defeat to Uruguay and the defeat to Iceland, when rather than trying to make actual saves he seemed keen simply to lie down quite near the ball, studying its high-res revolutions as it trundled past."

It questions his ability as a keeper, and his character. The former is acceptable, but stupid given what he has achieved, the latter is distasteful.

Needless to say this is Barney Ronay. He crossed the rubicon in regards to Manchester City some time ago.

He was appalling about City on the Guardian Football Podcast last week too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.