Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because, unlike the other teams mentioned, we don't do our transfer business in the media. Other clubs use it to unsettle a player/board to try & drive the price down or satisfy a rabid fanbase that their own execs are on the job. We just pay the price we're willing to go to and walk away if a deal can't be struck that we feel is reasonable. We also trust our DoF & Pep's decisions on who's coming and going because we know they are competent at doing so as they have a proven track record
Cascarino advising Rice he would be spending his time on the bench if he signs for City and the media in general doing everything possible to see he ends up with the Tarquins. Apparently playing for Arteta is a better choice than Pep because his contract ends in two years and funnily enough about the same time Arteta's contract ends, presuming Arteta isn't sacked first.
It's amazing how the media are running about like headless chickens.
Have City actually put a bid in yet?

Thank fuck I gave up watching Sly Sports News years ago.

Sly Sports Transfer Centre LIVE!

United Transfer News And Rumours
Arsenal Transfer News And Rumours
Newcastle Transfer News And Rumours
City?

View attachment 84248

Made in heaven? More like the continued mediocrity of purgatory that the rags have been stuck in since 2013.

We even get tarred because some perv working for an airline Whatsapped a fit girl:

"Shocked Hannah Smethurst was en-route home from her break with a friend on an Etihad Airways flight, the airline who sponsor Treble winners Man City."
Yes I get your reaction - but I suppose you could also argue that Etihad will be grateful for the extra publicity. I don't think having a perv on board will harm them!

Jesus. That’s the most level headed opinion I’ve ever heard on City..
I've subscribed to his Youtube because he talks sense about football (not just us). He calls it like he sees it without tarquin tinted specs.
We'll see if he carries on this way.

Cascarino advising Rice he would be spending his time on the bench if he signs for City and the media in general doing everything possible to see he ends up with the Tarquins.

It's kind of amazing how often this line gets trotted out, alongside our "three world class XIs". It gets lapped up though.

Cascarino advising Rice he would be spending his time on the bench if he signs for City and the media in general doing everything possible to see he ends up with the Tarquins. Apparently playing for Arteta is a better choice than Pep because his contract ends in two years and funnily enough about the same time Arteta's contract ends, presuming Arteta isn't sacked first.
It's amazing how the media are running about like headless chickens.
Have City actually put a bid in yet?
Daily Telegraph at it again this morning The headline article reads:
"What Edu and Mikel Arteta can offer Declan Rice to tempt him to Arsenal
Chance to be a guaranteed starter in an upwardly mobile Arsenal side in the Champions League appeals to in-demand England midfielder"

The desperation in that article for Rice not to sign for us is palpable. I've not bothered with the link so they don't get any clicks. It really is absolutely laughable. This is the state we have them in now. They simply can't handle our success and they are choking on it. Fucking lovin' it!

Daily Telegraph at it again this morning The headline article reads:
"What Edu and Mikel Arteta can offer Declan Rice to tempt him to Arsenal
Chance to be a guaranteed starter in an upwardly mobile Arsenal side in the Champions League appeals to in-demand England midfielder"

The desperation in that article for Rice not to sign for us is palpable. I've not bothered with the link so they don't get any clicks. It really is absolutely laughable. This is the state we have them in now. They simply can't handle our success and they are choking on it. Fucking lovin' it!
It's fucking great isn't it...love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.