Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
well these lot have a history of being a little bit racist already so not a suprise

I suppose it all depends on the quality of the other candidates as his defence is purely based on comparing his LinkedIn profile with that of the successful applicant which may or may not be accurate. I’ve been turned down, or not even invited to interview, for many roles down the years despite having the perfect match for an advertised job. Sometimes the role changes once CVs are received too. If they’ve selected candidates from a diverse range then I doubt he’ll be successful and I’m not sure what he could claim anyway, surely he wouldn’t want the job now. Weird world we live in now, though, very litigious.

I suppose it all depends on the quality of the other candidates as his defence is purely based on comparing his LinkedIn profile with that of the successful applicant which may or may not be accurate. I’ve been turned down, or not even invited to interview, for many roles down the years despite having the perfect match for an advertised job. Sometimes the role changes once CVs are received too. If they’ve selected candidates from a diverse range then I doubt he’ll be successful and I’m not sure what he could claim anyway, surely he wouldn’t want the job now. Weird world we live in now, though, very litigious.
Maybe he's playing the long game here - it seems he's the victim and it's not his fault? Surely that should enhance his chances.

I'll not forget when on punditry duty about ten years ago, Martinez said (paraphrased), "The linesmen did well not to flag there", as Villa scored an offside goal to beat us 3-2 at their place. Such is the level of even-handedness he applies to us.

One of my pet hates is former professional footballers placing themselves on a pedestal by claiming only they can see and understand certain aspects of football. It's nonsense. We have been football fans all our lives. We have watched hundreds, maybe thousands of games. We know the laws, often better than the players. We don't need the likes of him condescending to tell us what we clearly know for ourselves.

If it was so simple, why does the panel of former professional players often disagree on contentious VAR decisions, or pundits have different opinions on summary shows.
He allowed KDB to be bullied by other players for courtois stealing his missus. Vinny was involved in scrapping with a couple defending him.

I don't think Martinez can manage a pint, let alone a football team. Forever known as the man who got a flukey FA Cup final win and destroyed Belgium's best players in decades.

The sideways passing is by design. We do it to drag the opposition out of position and it’s mentally and Physically draining on them. As soon as we have created the relevant space we then go for the forward passes between the lines we’ve created due to the sideways passing.
Sure, it might not be exciting for the crowd when we are being patient in possession but we don’t do it to please opposing fans and journalists, we do it to win trophies.
Which we do, in abundance whilst being noted by the vast majority as the best team in the world.
All of that.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...s-man-city-live-score-updates-premier-league/

Apparently we pass the ball too much and don’t appreciate Phil Foden.

After a quality performance against a tough, inform team, this is an embarrassing match report. I shouldn’t be surprised but it really fkn annoys me.
I mean we've only won the 5 trophies this year using that style and foden has only been central to our play in winning those trophies so it only stands to reason that some journalist with absolutely zero credibility or football experience would question our playing methods and our treatment of young players.

There is so much wrong with that report that i would need to have a frontal lobotomy to get down to the level where i could converse to tell the journalist how wrong they are and i quite simply do not have enough time or crayons to explain the error of their ways to anyone who would give it the time of day.

I'll not forget when on punditry duty about ten years ago, Martinez said (paraphrased), "The linesmen did well not to flag there", as Villa scored an offside goal to beat us 3-2 at their place. Such is the level of even-handedness he applies to us.

One of my pet hates is former professional footballers placing themselves on a pedestal by claiming only they can see and understand certain aspects of football. It's nonsense. We have been football fans all our lives. We have watched hundreds, maybe thousands of games. We know the laws, often better than the players. We don't need the likes of him condescending to tell us what we clearly know for ourselves.

If it was so simple, why does the panel of former professional players often disagree on contentious VAR decisions, or pundits have different opinions on summary shows.
Also, why do so many never make the grade in coaching.

'
Unless you’re a Manchester City fan, it’s hard to find huge joy in a nation state backed team with 115 charges hanging over them winning the treble – and now the Club World Cup. But within that you have to admire that demolition of Real Madrid in the Champions League. At times Erling Haaland was mesmerising – an elite footballer dropped into Jack Reacher’s body. That image of a shirtless ripped Jack Grealish, arms outstretched on the top deck in the Manchester rain, is perfect.

'

The ball was heading for the net. It would have been a penalty 20 years ago. Compare it with Grealish in the Cup Final. Jack had his back turned, it was on the corner of the penalty area, and the ball was moving away from goal.
Correct correct correct Fk em

I mean we've only won the 5 trophies this year using that style and foden has only been central to our play in winning those trophies so it only stands to reason that some journalist with absolutely zero credibility or football experience would question our playing methods and our treatment of young players.

There is so much wrong with that report that i would need to have a frontal lobotomy to get down to the level where i could converse to tell the journalist how wrong they are and i quite simply do not have enough time or crayons to explain the error of their ways to anyone who would give it the time of day.
Don’t forget the twat who wrote it has champions medals coming out of his arse. That’s what makes him an expert..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.