Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll not forget when on punditry duty about ten years ago, Martinez said (paraphrased), "The linesmen did well not to flag there", as Villa scored an offside goal to beat us 3-2 at their place. Such is the level of even-handedness he applies to us.

One of my pet hates is former professional footballers placing themselves on a pedestal by claiming only they can see and understand certain aspects of football. It's nonsense. We have been football fans all our lives. We have watched hundreds, maybe thousands of games. We know the laws, often better than the players. We don't need the likes of him condescending to tell us what we clearly know for ourselves.

If it was so simple, why does the panel of former professional players often disagree on contentious VAR decisions, or pundits have different opinions on summary shows.
Yeah, it really gets my goat too. It really is, as you say, condescending, and quite often from people who clearly weren't good enough to hack it in the game once they'd retired as players. They could do with sitting down in the pub for an hour or so with genuine match going fans. No wonder Pep quite clearly sees "interviews" as tiresome.

Yes I know why we pass side to side, but it only works when you eventually get a meaningful chance or goal out of it. Usually that is done by suddenly increasing the tempo, or finding a through ball that opens the defence, both of which require the opposing team to be caught out by this happening.

Unfortunately teams become wise to the tactic and will often sit back and narrow to stop the final piece of the attack taking place. What we have done through our relative bad patch is to just keep recycling the ball to the point where we don't look like being able to score, or we get caught out on the counter attack.

What we did yesterday in the second half was, up the pace and get the ball forward and out wide faster, this caused Everton problems (and would do the same to any team trying to nullify our usual tactics).

There is absolutely a time and a place for side to side and triangular passing patterns, but when it is being nullified there has to be an alternative, last night we did that, often this season we haven't.

We’ve created chances galore this season with a mixed bag of finishing admittedly by going about our normal passing process our issues as a team have been an inability to see out games not the creation of chances. Only one game springs to mind which didn’t create a thing and that was the Villa away game.

Don’t forget the twat who wrote it has champions medals coming out of his arse. That’s what makes him an expert..
and that effectively is whats wrong with the media whether it be print media, youtube or talksport, unless you are a highly successful player and even then if you're success was in a different era so doesnt particularly translate to today but if we take those people out of the equation then people like bascombe, holt, ladyman, samuel et al and on even lesser plain goldbridge, thogden and ANY other youtube pundit have literally nothing to offer they dont know more than you or me their only capacity is to shout louder and flower the words up sufficiently to give their an opinion a faux air of superiority.

Tyldesley pissed me off last night, shoe horning in that Tarkowski was a rag. What the feck had it to do with the game.
He ‘thought’ he was a rag, but then said he played for ‘Maine Road FC’ in his early career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.