Media Discussion - 2023/24

None were his fault. There were others culpable for me though. The first one whilst a fortunate deflection to go in, should have been closed down much quicker once the two players clocked that Grealish couldn’t keep up with the shooter. They were ball watching (I think it was Dias and Kovacic)

The second - frankly we shouldn’t be conceding a goal that simple. The line was too high and Akanji sold himself. He did well to get back and at least make a challenge of sorts and was unfortunate it came off him but a good finisher would more than likely have scored that chance most times. It was poor defending by Akanji though, selling himself on the half way line with no cover.
Dias was at fault for both of their goals for me, but I'm not really going to give him shit for it.

First one as you say, Grealish wasn't keeping up and for me Dias ought to have read the situation and stepped out quicker.

Second one he was daydreaming for a couple of seconds (maybe that's a bit unfair, maybe he was looking around to see if anyone was breaking through the middle as well as on the wing) but he should've been dropping back when he saw the 1-on-1 on the wing.

No real blame, as such, but he could've done better on both goals IMO.

Flaming Chris Waddle on the BBC website damning us with faint praise as the saying goes:

'You have got to say Manchester City will now be favourites going back to the Etihad, as not many teams get anything from there. They will be confident I'm sure.

Don't write Real Madrid off though, they have players that can hurt you, players that are so unpredictable you don't know what they are going to do.'

Ggggrrrrrr, stupid biased media.

Sorry I lost my temper a little bit there. :-(

Flaming Chris Waddle on the BBC website damning us with faint praise as the saying goes:

'You have got to say Manchester City will now be favourites going back to the Etihad, as not many teams get anything from there. They will be confident I'm sure.

Don't write Real Madrid off though, they have players that can hurt you, players that are so unpredictable you don't know what they are going to do.'

Ggggrrrrrr, stupid biased media.

Sorry I lost my temper a little bit there. :-(
Most journalists said exactly the same thing last year and we all know how that panned out......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.