Media Discussion - 2023/24

While i agree with you in some respects, we are sort of looking at it from a FOCs point of view, the fanbase we would be looking to grow doesnt consume the news in the same way that we do and have literally zero interest in the views of retired footballers or the ramblings of an idiot in the daily mail, there is no point in targeting the daily mail or bbc crowd as there opinions are set and nothing will change them , we will be targeting the global fanbase of china, usa etc etc and the fact that we are the most watched team in those places suggests that the strategy is working and while it is exhausting fighting against the tide of nonsense that the press in this country keep on with in reality it is better to rise above it and just keep on winning as nothing on earth will change the opinion of the rags and dippers who need to believe we have done something in order to keep their fantasy that the rags and dippers are not special, are not institutions, are not the superpowers they claim to be and are in fact just another club same as anyone else albeit with detestable entitled fans but no better than anyone else.
I do enjoy your posts.

Always measured, insightful and with a hint of distain towards our red-based brethren.

Ok I gave in and read it on the archive..
Two points..
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit..
Secondly I can't fucking wait fo SM and Khaldoon to rock up at the Etihad like Arabian Knights on a "magic" fucking carpet..
Composition for o level homework. D minus. Must try harder and do some research before writing

Having just been in Italy the snide football shirt sellers didn’t have one PL kit on view apart from one and that was the sky blue No 9 with Haaland on the back.

I saw Phil’s face plastered on aftershave adverts with not a current rag, dipper or Gooner players fizog to be seen.

Tides turning just a lot are still bathing in the easy waters with their backs to it.
I was in Lisbon last week, and apart from a nauseating number of Ronaldo shirts (I guess it's to be expected), and a few Messi ones, there in pride of place in the Portugal Football shop was Bernardo's shirt... and not a Fernandes one to be seen anywhere!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.