Media Discussion - 2023/24

Maybe i'm talking out of my arse but didn't he have a home Glossop way.edge of the peak district. i'm sure i read it somewhere back in the day.
I've no idea but he did spend a lot of summers over here so a decent base to get to the midlands, Old Trafford and Yorkshire for the Test Matches.

He also played for Derbyshire who played at Chesterfield and Derby so very accessible from Glossop so would make sense, be good if any of our senior FOC's can provide any info.

As a teenage cricket fan during the school holidays I was pretty much glued to the TV to watch the England Test Matches, Ritchie Benaud opened one day with:

Good morning
It's a lovely day for cricket
And if you haven't got a ticket
You're not getting in

No waffle, just told it as it was, I agree the greatest ever Cricket Commentator and probably the best Sports Commentator there's been in my lifetime, I also enjoyed listening to Peter Alliss on the golf.
So true and really enjoyed the tests and golf on BBC until good old Sky put it's nose in the trough!

Exactly this. The current so called pundits seem to think they have to prattle on all match giving out old & meaningless statistics - & talking to each other (don’t they Fletch!). Drives me mad. They don’t commentate on the game because they’re not quick enough to ad-lib & need notes to read from. Without notes they look utterly stupid - see camel gob about V Junior.

Most of the match I keep wishing they’d just shut the f up because they add nothing to the experience
I used to like Drury but he's fixated on making a phrase for the sound bites. Just shut up and let the fans do the talking.

Exactly this. The current so called pundits seem to think they have to prattle on all match giving out old & meaningless statistics - & talking to each other (don’t they Fletch!). Drives me mad. They don’t commentate on the game because they’re not quick enough to ad-lib & need notes to read from. Without notes they look utterly stupid - see camel gob about V Junior.

Most of the match I keep wishing they’d just shut the f up because they add nothing to the experience
Mostly just saying the bloody obvious…..

This means more…

Imagine the headlines and the position of this story if this was City's main sponsor.

Like I said, the so called 'journalists' don't give a shit about ffp, sportswashing or human rights. If they did, the usual suspects would be all over this story.

They're all either utd or liverpool fanzine writers and cheerleaders who hate that City are winning and they're not.

So they try and find as many ways as possible to criticise and discredit our wins.

Only reason they're getting away with it is because City's media department are pussies and allow it.

Imagine the headlines and the position of this story if this was City's main sponsor.

Like I said, the so called 'journalists' don't give a shit about ffp, sportswashing or human rights. If they did, the usual suspects would be all over this story.

They're all either utd or liverpool fanzine writers and cheerleaders who hate that City are winning and they're not.

So they try and find as many ways as possible to criticise and discredit our wins.

Only reason they're getting away with it is because City's media department are pussies and allow it.
Oh, have we got a media department?

In 1967, he married his second wife, Daphne Surfleet, who had worked for the English cricket writer E. W. Swanton. Benaud and Daphne often stayed at their holiday home in Beaulieu-sur-Mer on the French Riviera. On 29 October 2008, Benaud's mother, Irene, died, aged 104.

Never heard any mention of Glossop.
I've no idea but he did spend a lot of summers over here so a decent base to get to the midlands, Old Trafford and Yorkshire for the Test Matches.

He also played for Derbyshire who played at Chesterfield and Derby so very accessible from Glossop so would make sense, be good if any of our senior FOC's can provide any info.
It might have been one of those daft pub conversations but he was over here for the whole of the summer and i'm pretty sure he'd prefer a base rather than a hotel so it might not be as daft as it sounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.