Media Discussion - 2023/24

It amazes me that on his topic on here on which I am sadly banned from replying, people are annoyed that he does not support us more in the media because he wore our shirt for a short time.

WTF, I thought the idea of a pundit was to give neutral and honest views from an ex players prospective.
That used to be the idea now we have fawning ex players who apparently can be trusted to give subjective views on matches.

Never got the criticism about amount of people watching Citys trophy lift. Lets face it only City fans will tune in, i for one would never be arsed watching any other team lift a trophy as for the dipper flith well they are just a wierd messed up cult.
That was and still is incredible.

The man is still getting hundreds of mentions for winning one title, one *ucking title, that man that saved the dippers FFS.

And what an insult to Shankley, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish to mention Klopp in the same breath as them!

That was and still is incredible.

The man is still getting hundreds of mentions for winning one title, one *ucking title, that man that saved the dippers FFS.

And what an insult to Shankley, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish to mention Klopp in the same breath as them!
its recency bias, its endemic to society, that everything is what have you done for me lately and any nods to the past and respect for that is now forgotten, one of the phrases which annoys me most is oh that was before my time, like what do you think you appeared and anything that happened prior to that moment is now irrelevant.

its recency bias, its endemic to society, that everything is what have you done for me lately and any nods to the past and respect for that is now forgotten, one of the phrases which annoys me most is oh that was before my time, like what do you think you appeared and anything that happened prior to that moment is now irrelevant.
Especially poinent post given the 80 year anniversary of D Day.

That used to be the idea now we have fawning ex players who apparently can be trusted to give subjective views on matches.
....one can be trusted to spit in the face of a young girl.

Another can be trusted to to cheat on his cancer stricken dying wife and dodge drug tests.

Several of the others have lengthy rap sheets for hypocrisy and antisocial, self serving activities often using other people's money.

All are cunts !!

You beat me to the punch.

The 'look at me' antics of the drug dodger,McMinimum & others is nauseous and detracts from the product.

TV games DON'T need self serving co commentators,panelists or pundits.

A single knowledgeable independent commentator who can analyse the game and key incidents, but let the game speak for itself, is all that's required.

The money that can be saved and used to reduce charges will be huge.

David Coleman... " One nil "
Commentary is an art form , the greatest ever cricket commentator was Richie Benaud, the guy often did not speak for minutes on end he simply let the action do the talking.

Football is a game of opinions and so it should be, I don't need a sad , bitter ex pro telling me how good a player, team or manager is, I will make my own mind up thank you.

Last edited:
It amazes me that on his topic on here on which I am sadly banned from replying, people are annoyed that he does not support us more in the media because he wore our shirt for a short time.

WTF, I thought the idea of a pundit was to give neutral and honest views from an ex players prospective.

The clown does nothing but laugh and make stereotypical soundbites that add nothing to any conversation.
Join the club.

Don't upset the boss.

Memories are very long & sanctions even longer !!

When you look back at the edge, the incite, the probing questions, the analysis, the summing up - when you watch the old matches - Coleman, Moore, Hill period - you actually think christ, weren't people more articulate and wow did they really ask that? You maybe didn't think it at the time, probably complained then too. But quite how it's regressed to this fayre is a shocking reflection. Saint and G was probably the start of the amoebaing down - but even they were Frost and Ludovic Kennedy, comperd the the present pillocks.
Tbf, The Saint was in there to provide a balance for Greaves's ott buffoonery. I met ISJ when he did some broadcast work for SIS who supplied live racing and data to betting shops. He was a really good guy who had a word for anyone who stopped to talk to him, unfortunately the same can't be said for Greaves, great footballer, not a nice human.

Commentary is an art form , the greatest ever cricket commentator was Richie Benaud, the guy often did not speak for minutes on end he simply let the action do the talking.

Football is a game of opinions and so it should be, I don't need a sad , bitter ex pro telling me how good a player, team or manager is, I will make my own mind up thank you.
As a teenage cricket fan during the school holidays I was pretty much glued to the TV to watch the England Test Matches, Ritchie Benaud opened one day with:

Good morning
It's a lovely day for cricket
And if you haven't got a ticket
You're not getting in

No waffle, just told it as it was, I agree the greatest ever Cricket Commentator and probably the best Sports Commentator there's been in my lifetime, I also enjoyed listening to Peter Alliss on the golf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.