Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie wyett from the sun when reviewing the papers suggests that City's court case could jeopardize £800m to the EFL as PL clubs will be forced to spend more money on their own transfer budget. It's trying to imply that City are greedy and couldn't care less about clubs lower down the foodchain. But surely when clubs brought in FFP to ' prevent clubs getting into debt' ( yeah I know) that they would have put in an emergency fund to help clubs like Bury and Portsmouth out. Just imagine how much more of a transfer budget utd would have had if they didn't have to bail out Bury

What worries me enormously and a few on here have experienced it on their jollies recently, is this constant negativity and fear-mongering leads to confrontations and potentially someone getting seriously hurt or worse...all over something they know little about or should be worrying about.

All because of football tribalism and events off the field, which NONE of us have any influence over whatsoever.

Whilst the media are using these events as cash cows, they have no concern about how this is stoking up opposing fans. And that for me is the most appalling part.

They are acutely aware of how people are reading their articles and the vitriol and nastiness across social media, but do nothing to calm tensions, or in the very least write similar articles about "the other side of the coin".

And that website, with likely millions of viewers, bringing Rob Burrow's sad passing into it, is just, well, there are no words.

Let's say, two lads are in Tenerife on their holidays wearing City shirts, few beers later, a couple of opposing fans start chucking out comments, people respond and react, situations get heated and next minute...potentially a fatality.

And I don't think I'm over-dramatizing either.

The media, papers, reporters, bloggers, hacks, whoever, are fanning these flames but will just stand back and wash their hands of any culpability if something happens...and I'm convinced it will sometime very soon.

"Wasn't us You Honour. All we did was report things. We didn't throw the punches".
Was about to post the same.. the media have whipped the social media keyboard warriors into a frenzy and it’s spreading rapidly. Someone WILL get injured eventually especially after a few beers. It’s ridiculous now.

Was about to post the same.. the media have whipped the social media keyboard warriors into a frenzy and it’s spreading rapidly. Someone WILL get injured eventually especially after a few beers. It’s ridiculous now.
We obviously need to make sure it doesn't desend into violence or threats of violence, but these c#nts need to be made unwelcome.

We obviously need to make sure it doesn't desend into violence or threats of violence, but these c#nts need to be made unwelcome.
Of course, but the onus should be on the media, to try and temper the fuelling of the fire and their appalling rhetoric/xenophobic and worse, articles.

But they won't because it doesn't pay as well as vitriol.

City fans cannot control the mindset and actions of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.