Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading that Herbert had described our owners as ‘interlopers’ I thought I’d check out the definition as I wasn’t completely sure what it meant.

Herbert clearly wasn’t either. ‘Unwanted or considered not to belong’.

I don’t think it’s too much to say our owners are loved by the fans. And as for ‘considered not to belong’, I suggest this says more about what he thinks about ‘brown faces’ rather than what we do.

We should all light candles.
That would really take the piss.
Most fans of opposing teams would know why it was being done - but would the media acknowledge it and explain it to their readers/viewers/listeners in New Jersey etc ?

You are giving Simon Jordan way too much credit. At no point does Jordan come across as intelligent, if he did he would engage his brain before opening his mouth, and no one's seen this. That's the sign of someone with at least a mediocre of intelligence.

His role is to create antagonistic content that feeds into social engagement, which he does very well judging by the reactions. That's his job and what he gets paid to do, he isn't there to be a full time expert and considered voice.
It seems clear to me from seeing his output in other contexts that he's playing to the cameras as described in his job description.

His role is to create antagonistic content that feeds into social engagement, which he does very well judging by the reactions. That's his job and what he gets paid to do, he isn't there to be a full time expert and considered voice.
It seems clear to me from seeing his output in other contexts that he's playing to the cameras as described in his job description.
Well you're entitled to your opinion, I understand that is what Talk Sport want, but I think you are giving him way too much credit.

He comes across as quite sensitive to criticism, has an ego and clearly doesn't like being wrong, hence his frequent rewriting/and spin on what he has said, before he fully understands things. If he understood the issues discussed fully , but was just being provocative as you suggest, why would he back track? So I believe he fits the bill by accident more than design.

Either way I have little time for him and only tune in to listen to Projectriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.