Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His role is to create antagonistic content that feeds into social engagement, which he does very well judging by the reactions. That's his job and what he gets paid to do, he isn't there to be a full time expert and considered voice.
It seems clear to me from seeing his output in other contexts that he's playing to the cameras as described in his job description.

This is it. There's a lot of money in being wrong now. It makes better "content" to say something provocative that people are going to call up and argue with rather than saying anything of any substance.

Herbert and his like are loving your/our reactions. They will love us to get abusive or, God forbid, worse. Banning them would also fan the flames of their poisonous intent.

It seems that our moment of truth is a long time coming, but we have to believe it is. If any of it is true, and I don't believe it is, we will deal with it ourselves, not some ... well, I'll leave that to you.
The lower they stoop with their stories is nothing more than confirmation the red cartel are shitting themselves.
Personal attacks on our owners won't go amiss.

Thought @projectriver was very good on TalkSport again yesterday, and watching Simon Jordan change tack was interesting.

I've been saying for a while that I get the impression that there's "entertainer" Jordan who does his shock jock thing and "serious" Jordan who seems intelligent and competent, and the difference between them is stark. Stefan brings out the serious Jordan (mostly) and those conversations are 300 billion times more interesting to watch than his so called "visceral reactions".

He's not the stupid idiot that people here make him out to be.

Also watching Stefan cross off potential Everton owners one by one seriously reminded me of this Simpsons bit for Everton fans

View attachment 122078
I don’t generally listen to Jordan, but if yesterday’s offering was him being his intelligent self, then I will have to disagree with you. What he actually said was proof to the direct opposite of what he said it was.

He actually laid it bare that this all was an exercise in nobbling City.

But he somehow tried to maintain the stance that City were bullying the league.

Can anyone find that Dailymail article regarding Liverpool & United getting preferential treatment/separate talks with potential PL CEO’s? I’ve forgot the details

Can anyone find that Dailymail article regarding Liverpool & United getting preferential treatment/separate talks with potential PL CEO’s? I’ve forgot the details
#

#

That’s the one, cheers. Still interesting given the last couple of weeks…

Remember, this is the idiot on Sly Sports News who kept on telling everyone for weeks that United were going to sack ETH. Look how happy he looks now. More bullshit from one of the biggest bullshitters on TV.

Sly Sports News understands…… fuck all, and makes it all up as it goes along.

Reactions: PPT
After reading that Herbert had described our owners as ‘interlopers’ I thought I’d check out the definition as I wasn’t completely sure what it meant.

Herbert clearly wasn’t either. ‘Unwanted or considered not to belong’.

I don’t think it’s too much to say our owners are loved by the fans. And as for ‘considered not to belong’, I suggest this says more about what he thinks about ‘brown faces’ rather than what we do.
"It's only water in a stranger's tear
Looks are deceptive, but distinctions are clear
A foreign body and a foreign mind
Never welcome in the land of the blind"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.