Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the press and pundits to say he can't do it without rodri and without all the great city players is a bit of a joke itself the way they laud rice and the rest of the England team as something unreal. Its about time they questioned the manager but that doesn't seem to happen???
Yep, they will turn on the players but never question donkey features, and more so-take great pleasure in slagging off any City player that pulls and England shirt on, they were calling it some sort of managerial masterclass playing TAA in midfield ffs, and when its clearly square pegs in round holes they turn on the players, and the press, and most certainly the trafford arse licking brigade will have had kittens that not a single united player started the game, but at least donkey features reverted to type by bringing Mainoo on at 86 minutes to appease the press.

BBC running with Foden fails to shine yet in the same article “was Arnold a success”.

Arnold was a huge disaster as we all knew he would be but its glossed over, Bellingham did not turn up in the 2nd half, again not mentioned, and instead of putting Phil in midfield he brings on Gallagher.
Phil did not play too well but its hard when your not being passed to and you have a right footed limited left back behind you. Saka had an excellent Walker behind him creating space for them both, again this point being ignored or the useless media can not see it.
After the match, there was a flood of English fans jumping to blame Phil for Arnold's piss-poor play. I've rarely seen a countries fanbase so excited to attack one of their own players - the club tribalism is truly incredible.

"Phil wasn't giving enough width on the LW, Arnold had nobody to switch it to, bench Foden for Gordon and we'll win the Euros" is a common take I'm seeing on Twitter/Reddit.

It's just so predictable at this point. Arsenal/Liverpool/ManU fans can't accept that little old City is now top dog in the prem and are spitefully wishing to see our players fail, even if its at the cost of a trophy for England. Would prefer our players go the Ben White and refuse to play for England.

The media should be asking themselves, how does Trent this, Trent that get anywhere near an international level midfield? He isn't good enough to play right back at that level either. My main school of thought behind it is that since Littlewoods was formed, there has to be a LFcult operative playing for England. The list or useless twats is never ending. Tront, Henderson, Matip, Thompson, Barnes (yes less than 60 mins of a good game in 80 odd caps) Neal, Smith, Johnson, Lee, Jones, Gomez, Solanke, Clyne, Shelvey, Lambert, Ruddock, Kirkland and Andy fucking Carroll. Quite incredible really.

I'm convinced that there are commercial reasons behind many of the seemingly inexplicable decisions surrounding the England team and squad. Every one of us knew, the day Mainoo made his debut for united that he was going to the Euros. Every one of us knew that Arnold would be shoehorned into the side despite being neither a good full back nor a good midfield player. Somewhere, there is financial method in this seeming madness involving Southgate the FA, sponsors, senior FA officials and agents. Something is deeply wrong.

Said exactly the same thing last night. 90% of the time the camera was on him he was looking up to the screens. It wasn’t just him but he was certainly the main culprit
TBF the stadium has a clock incorporated into the screen above the centre circle on all four sides, certainly later on Gallagher etc would be looking at how long to roll around injured.

I'm convinced that there are commercial reasons behind many of the seemingly inexplicable decisions surrounding the England team and squad. Every one of us knew, the day Mainoo made his debut for united that he was going to the Euros. Every one of us knew that Arnold would be shoehorned into the side despite being neither a good full back nor a good midfield player. Somewhere, there is financial method in this seeming madness involving Southgate the FA, sponsors, senior FA officials and agents. Something is deeply wrong.
You only have to look at when Woy was in charge virtually every player he shoe horned in had the same agent

Did anyone see that sickening cringe worthy montage they did for Van Dijk for the Holland game on the bbc? If you ever wondered where their loyalties lie that was another example of it. I wouldn’t mind, he’s not even Holland’s best centre half at the moment 4 x premier league and treble winner Nathan Ake is.
Saw most of that game, Ake looked a class apart, without any accompanying recognition in commentary for his display, obvs..!!

After the match, there was a flood of English fans jumping to blame Phil for Arnold's piss-poor play. I've rarely seen a countries fanbase so excited to attack one of their own players - the club tribalism is truly incredible.

"Phil wasn't giving enough width on the LW, Arnold had nobody to switch it to, bench Foden for Gordon and we'll win the Euros" is a common take I'm seeing on Twitter/Reddit.

It's just so predictable at this point. Arsenal/Liverpool/ManU fans can't accept that little old City is now top dog in the prem and are spitefully wishing to see our players fail, even if its at the cost of a trophy for England. Would prefer our players go the Ben White and refuse to play for England.
20 years ago when the rags were the dominant club, did you want Rooney, Beckham, Scholes, Wio to do well, because I didn't, I was hoping they broke their legs, when Beckham was sent off against the Argies in the WC I was the happiest man alive.

Club football will always be No1 in England and thank the lord it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.