Media Discussion - 2023/24

Must have watched a different game to the one in which "Jude" was World Class.
I did see one in which someone was World class in seeking out camera opportunities though.
I don't support England due to this type of hyperbole and b*llocks. I had to turn the game off due to the commentary and w*nkfest for Arnold and Bellingham everytime they did anything. I have watched most games and that was the only one that I have turned off.

I don't support England due to this type of hyperbole and b*llocks. I had to turn the game off due to the commentary and w*nkfest for Arnold and Bellingham everytime they did anything. I have watched most games and that was the only one that I have turned off.
Also no mention of the through ball from Kyle Walker to Saka, just what a great cross it was to Saint Jude who made a fantastic run and planted a superb header past the keeper. Not even mentioned in the half time anaylsis.

Saka with Walker (iirc) supplying the perfect pass to allow the cross for the goal was better than I expected.
That perfect pass was entirely unmentioned in the live commentary, and yet it was the best part of the goal move.
Unmentioned in commentary and even in the HT/FT critiquing of Kyle's overall performance(!!) - the weight of that inside pass for Saka to provide the (deflected) cross was spot on. I think he put a couple of great balls down that channel, the airbrush in full swing...

I watched the game out, with my son. It was on RTE but the sound was down.
There were a few Germans and an American and other various nationalities in the pub.

One thing I think the English team suffers from, for obvious reasons that are stated in here, is that the tribalism of the PL is brought into your eleven on the pitch, if not the whole squad.
It was always so, not just with Southgate.

Other national teams get full backing from the nation, but perhaps understandably it can be difficult for a City fan to get behind what they see as favouritism and downright incompetence.

Put it this way. Imagine what Pep would achieve with your squad.

Also no mention of the through ball from Kyle Walker to Saka, just what a great cross it was to Saint Jude who made a fantastic run and planted a superb header past the keeper. Not even mentioned in the half time anaylsis.
Actually the only reason it ended up head high was it took a deflection off the Serbian defender.

I watched the game out, with my son. It was on RTE but the sound was down.
There were a few Germans and an American and other various nationalities in the pub.

One thing I think the English team suffers from, for obvious reasons that are stated in here, is that the tribalism of the PL is brought into your eleven on the pitch, if not the whole squad.
It was always so, not just with Southgate.

Other national teams get full backing from the nation, but perhaps understandably it can be difficult for a City fan to get behind what they see as favouritism and downright incompetence.

Put it this way. Imagine what Pep would achieve with your squad.
You are correct with the tribalism, if Arnold scored a hat-trick I’d never give him credit, it’s City for me first and foremost.

BBC running with Foden fails to shine yet in the same article “was Arnold a success”.

Arnold was a huge disaster as we all knew he would be but its glossed over, Bellingham did not turn up in the 2nd half, again not mentioned, and instead of putting Phil in midfield he brings on Gallagher.
Phil did not play too well but its hard when your not being passed to and you have a right footed limited left back behind you. Saka had an excellent Walker behind him creating space for them both, again this point being ignored or the useless media can not see it.
In fairness to Gallagher, he disrupted Serbia and got stuck in amongst them.
Phil plays further forward and cannot play alongside Rice, like Gallagher did.
Thought Bowen also did well when he came on...

All fodens fault I’m hearing and reading this morning. The tactical genius that is Stuart Pearce would have taken him off after half an hour apparently! Probably wanted to replace him Ramsdale!
Pearce really is as thick as pig shit. What is it with him and City? We must have seriously pissed him off over something. He appears to loathe us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.