Media Discussion - 2023/24

Saw most of that game, Ake looked a class apart, without any accompanying recognition in commentary for his display, obvs..!!
They managed to avoid mentioning him most of the time. That seems to be the decided upon narrative so far. Contrast with Red shirt or "poster" player touching the ball - up a few decibels, shouting their name - followed by vinegar stroke eulogising. Saw it with average Jude being elevated to Sainthood last night - wait till greedy bollocks Mbappe plays - mute!!

I noticed on Sky this morning they were talking about Liverpool's van Dijk, former United player Weghorst and Nathan Ake who is apparently of no fixed abode.
yup vvd total coverage and there's Ake just doing his job correctly... VVD fuck up after fuck up gets the plaudits.

The dutch see if differently, but there again they would because they dont get the propaganda we have from our client media and reporters.

-----------------
feyenoordsoccerfan

feyenoordsoccerfanMember+

Jan 5, 2006Dragon's den, Rotterdam Netherlands
#1179Yesterday at 5:30 PM
I already wrote in the friendlies about Virgil van Dijk he's sloppy at crucial moments and he didnot convince me at all in this match.
If he continues in this matter against France, Koeman has to move him to the bench, move Ake to the CB spot and van de Ven or Maatsen to the RB position.
Depay should get a wake up call by letting Zirkzee have against France the last 20 minutes instead of him, or sooner if he is as wastefull as today.

------------------------------------

1718626095905.png

There's 1 outstanding reason Club football is No 1 - because internationally we aren't good enough.
I suspect we'll squeak to the semis again, lord knows how with the manager we have, but that'll be it.
We've had one good manager since 66 - Sir Bobby Robson.
The bile Robson faced was vitriolic and personal. At Italia 90 didn't the players more or less suggest that he changed his system? To his credit he embraced it and then that night in Turin, and the Germans!

Bobby I think turned the rags job down whilst at Ipswich too, probably knew the England job was available.

Had a superb post England career with PSV, Barca then Toon. Decent fella.

There's 1 outstanding reason Club football is No 1 - because internationally we aren't good enough.
I suspect we'll squeak to the semis again, lord knows how with the manager we have, but that'll be it.
We've had one good manager since 66 - Sir Bobby Robson.
And even if we do win, we will have it rammed down our throats just like 66.

"it's coming home"

Just FUCK OFF

A few years back the Welsh FA developed the slogan “Together Stronger” and it seemingly galvanised support to the extent even Swansea and Cardiff called a truce on match days.
Compare this with the media frenzy to bash our Phil at every opportunity. It’s just another stick to beat us with. The English media are a disgrace. There is no for the greater good.
Thank goodness I watched the game in a bar in Dubrovnik. The words I heard apart from the players names were Manchester and City several times.

I watched the game out, with my son. It was on RTE but the sound was down.
There were a few Germans and an American and other various nationalities in the pub.

One thing I think the English team suffers from, for obvious reasons that are stated in here, is that the tribalism of the PL is brought into your eleven on the pitch, if not the whole squad.
It was always so, not just with Southgate.

Other national teams get full backing from the nation, but perhaps understandably it can be difficult for a City fan to get behind what they see as favouritism and downright incompetence.

Put it this way. Imagine what Pep would achieve with your squad.
I agree with you but the noise from within the squad is that there are no factions because of Southgate’s genius man management.
That’s not how it looks as soon as they step onto the pitch though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.