Media Discussion - 2023/24

We are sleep walking into American control of English football.

Odd isn't that the fans of clubs that don't particularly like their American owners can't the see the danger to the whole of English football

Plus the British press/media fully support the American takeover. Samuel is the lone voice

This is without doubt the biggest concern for the future of the premier league. I’m convinced that the American owners will cooperate with each other to reach their desired aims of a salary cap and no promotion and no relegation target. And these 3 targets are just for starters. I think they form a bigger threat than the Saudi Pro League ever will.
Eliminating promotion and relegation will never happen. We saw the public outcry when the Super League was proposed. A big part of that outrage was related to the closed nature of the league.

Handicapping the PL by introducing a salary cap, which has to compete with the other major European leagues, would be economic suicide. So I suspect that wouldn't happen either.

The current biggest threat to the PL is the PL itself, which is making English clubs less competitive in European competition by the introduction of FFP, PSR, anchoring, etc.

The Americans are already in charge as far as I can see. Or at least is all going that way.

Coverage in these euros had been a lot like watching American sports. Its not just the accents , it's the stupid stats and gimmicks.

I think football is headed that way unfortunately, its where the money is. Its progress, and you could argue City are at the forefront of it, like utd WERE at the start of the PL.

Eliminating promotion and relegation will never happen. We saw the public outcry when the Super League was proposed. A big part of that outrage was related to the closed nature of the league.

Handicapping the PL by introducing a salary cap, which has to compete with the other major European leagues, would be economic suicide. So I suspect that wouldn't happen either.

The current biggest threat to the PL is the PL itself, which is making English clubs less competitive in European competition by the introduction of FFP, PSR, anchoring, etc.

Not sure who you think the PL is? You think Masters and Brittain have any ideas in their heads that aren't planted there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.