Media Discussion - 2023/24

I'm trying to leave the blue tinted glasses on side. But, correct me if I'm wrong and this isn't the 1st time this has played on my mind. How many times does Bellingham pass to Foden? I'm definitely remember 1 or at a push, twice in the whole game. Foden passed to him at least half a dozen times in the second half alone. Lets not given Foden anymore options to look better than me comes to mind.
I get the blue tinted specs element, but over here In Dublin it has been noticed by United and Liverpool supporters in work as well as myself. Bellingham seems to play for himself first and the team a very far behind second.

It’s not just to Foden. He just holds the ball too long. He doesn’t move it quick enough.
He doesn’t have the one touch football that the likes of Rodri, or any City player for that matter, takes for granted. It’s natural for them.

Universally over here the feeling is that Southgate hasn’t the balls to drop him.

I get the blue tinted specs element, but over here In Dublin it has been noticed by United and Liverpool supporters in work as well as myself. Bellingham seems to play for himself first and the team a very far behind second.

It’s not just to Foden. He just holds the ball too long. He doesn’t move it quick enough.
He doesn’t have the one touch football that the likes of Rodri, or any City player for that matter, takes for granted. It’s natural for them.

Universally over here the feeling is that Southgate hasn’t the balls to drop him.
Or even substitute him.

Agreed, I've said the same about Bellingham. He is incredibly frustrating to watch and you can see his limitations as a player when he isn't surrounded by world-class talent.

He is still young, and Foden suffered from the same issues when he was 21.

I expect Bellingham will improve in these areas as his career progresses at Real. What he also suffers from at the moment is that he has been anointed England's savior, either through his arrogance, the English football media, or a combination of both. This seems to be being enabled by Southgate.

That has added too much pressure on him to perform/pull something out of the bag when England is struggling.

Lots of media hate toward our Phil, the truth is, he’s so far ahead of his team mates in his positional play and running into spaces, they are literally making him look a player who’s playing way below his ability ..
it doesn’t help when the likes of Bellingham don’t interact with him or pass to him ..

Some will say I’ve got my City specs on but that’s an honest appraisal based on the times I’ve watched games during this tournament..

He’s just too good fir em ..
International football is sh*te and sub standard when compared to top club football. Brings out the worst in the "meeja" and the fans (jingoism from Ingerland fans.. and from SA fans in the COPA) I'd sooner it was scrapped.. pointless and showcases the worst of our game.

To be fair that is just the shitty way the Mail write most of their stories nowadays so you have to keep reading to find out what the headline might be referring to.
The fking Mail..they actually supported the early Nazi regime..how they were allowed to continue to spiel their far right bile is beyond me...spills into their sh*te sports journalism!

The fking Mail..they actually supported the early Nazi regime..how they were allowed to continue to spiel their far right bile is beyond me...spills into their sh*te sports journalism!
Probably tells you, who, behind the scenes is running/controlling the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.