Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day city liked to be associated with rangers rather than celtic. Fans in the kippax would sing Celtic/ Rangers at each other but Rangers was louder. There were more hats with City and rangers badge on as well. It could well have been because the rags aligned themselves with Celtic.
Or that Rod Stewart was just plain shit

possibly if my Dad bothered about anyone but City, he may have favoured Rangers just to upset his Cetic loving Dad lol......nah just the way it was in my house Blue first but Grandparents and mum Celtic, Cousins preferred Hibs so she had a soft spot for them as well.
What upsets me most is that they all should have been Cork City Fans first..keep it local

My Dad's a Celtic fan from East Belfast. He started following City when he moved over here. He'd have killed me if I showed any allegiance to Rangers. I can't stand all that sectarian shite, but he lived it as a 2nd class citizen in his own country when it was at its worst. So I can't really blame him for the hatred he holds.

But I'm a City fan. Nothing else. Same with the rest of the family.

My Dad's a Celtic fan from East Belfast. He started following City when he moved over here. He'd have killed me if I showed any allegiance to Rangers. I can't stand all that sectarian shite, but he lived it as a 2nd class citizen in his own country when it was at its worst. So I can't really blame him for the hatred he holds.

But I'm a City fan. Nothing else. Same with the rest of the family.
Totally get this, this is why those who try and sneak in Rangers / City bullshit grates on many of us - blatantly not the case for thousands of Blues who have Irish roots. No need for this sectarian link crap

Apparently some muppet ex pro on talkshite was slagging Pep off last night for not taking the carabao seriously……
Full court press down at CnutSport today. The Scottish cnut and the Palace cnut raking over the Pathetic’s recent Freedom of Information request to the Foreign Office, this morning, and the long haired rag supporting cnut presiding over a “have Man City made the PL boring?” phone-in this afternoon. Organised and clear

Liverpool `Plant` in the Media

Is anyone aware of Chris Bascombe who writes frequently in the football pages of The Telegraph?

He was formerly from the Liverpool Echo and his most prized possession is a signed Liverpool shirt.
He is given exclusivity to write 3/4 times a week on Liverpool.
Not only does he present them in a positive light in most of their affairs but frequently weaves City into his pieces.
In essence he is a Liverpool `plant` in a national broadsheet who is constantly drip feeding a pro Liverpool and anti City narrative, sometimes subtly but nonetheless it is present most of the time as he builds a narrative for LIverpool `fans` to trot out.

In his latest article today about US investment in LFC, he manages to spin a tale of wonderfulness in all things red and still aim negatively at City.

Can one of our financial observers on this forum please explain how a US fledgling company founded only in 2022 called, `Dynasty`, is able able to fund up to £164m to clear LFC`s debts ? And why the media has not covered this aspect?

Apparently some muppet ex pro on talkshite was slagging Pep off last night for not taking the carabao seriously……

The League Cup when the champions league group stages are extended will cease to be a competition which top sides will enter. Where will they put the rounds in the autumn in when there are the extra a European fixtures to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.