Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool `Plant` in the Media

Is anyone aware of Chris Bascombe who writes frequently in the football pages of The Telegraph?

He was formerly from the Liverpool Echo and his most prized possession is a signed Liverpool shirt.
He is given exclusivity to write 3/4 times a week on Liverpool.
Not only does he present them in a positive light in most of their affairs but frequently weaves City into his pieces.
In essence he is a Liverpool `plant` in a national broadsheet who is constantly drip feeding a pro Liverpool and anti City narrative, sometimes subtly but nonetheless it is present most of the time as he builds a narrative for LIverpool `fans` to trot out.

In his latest article today about US investment in LFC, he manages to spin a tale of wonderfulness in all things red and still aim negatively at City.

Can one of our financial observers on this forum please explain how a US fledgling company founded only in 2022 called, `Dynasty`, is able able to fund up to £164m to clear LFC`s debts ? And why the media has not covered this aspect?

Is anyone aware of Chris Bascombe who writes frequently in the football pages of The Telegraph?

He was formerly from the Liverpool Echo and his most prized possession is a signed Liverpool shirt.
Not only does he present them in a positive light in most of their affairs but frequently weaves City into his pieces.
In essence he is a Liverpool `plant` in a national broadsheet who is constantly drip feeding a pro Liverpool and anti City narrative, sometimes subtly but nonetheless it is present most of the time as he builds a narrative for LIverpool `fans` to trot out.

In his latest article today about US investment in LFC, he manages to spin a tale of wonderfulness in all things red and still aim negatively at City.

Can one of our financial observers on this forum please explain how a US fledgling company founded only in 2022 called, `Dynasty`, is able able to fund up to £164m to clear LFC`s debts ? And why the media has not covered this aspect?
prjectdriver

England and Ireland’s 3 greatest clubs, maybe. They are about as Scottish as Morris Dancing
Scottish clubs two of them but just don't follow the crowd...that's democracy for you, freedom to choose what you believe in, values etc as long as you abide by the law...very Scottish to me just have a different view of the world then others maybe...

Nearly every day on my new app I get a headline with a picture ' City agree to sell world class player' or something along those lines. Normally the picture has Grealish, Foden, Haaland, eddy etc. But if you look hard enough you see Cancelo lol

This picture has Haaland centre. The press/media are just about getting clicks. Ever man and his dog knows Cancelo is on his way

20230929_093106.jpg

Nearly every day on my new app I get a headline with a picture ' City agree to sell world class player' or something along those lines. Normally the picture has Grealish, Foden, Haaland, eddy etc. But if you look hard enough you see Cancelo lol

This picture has Haaland centre. The press/media are just about getting clicks. Ever man and his dog knows Cancelo is on his way

View attachment 94620
Yeah, me too. Always has money in the headline. "Merson not impressed with £43 million pound City defender". "Barcelona to swoop for £50 million midfielder". I don't click and hopefully they'll dissappear eventually. They must be desperate to generate revenue this way.

The Liverpool Echo are absolutely obsessed with City so that’s no surprise given his background
They need City as a convenient bogeyman for their own failures

Report about unrest at games on the increase and I see the cowards in the media again cannot mention the Dippers:
So Happy to state a Spurs fan, a Leeds fan bit like the original report cannot say it was thrown by a Liverpool fan injuring a City fan.

From BBC

Some of the high-profile incidents during the 2022-23 campaign included a Tottenham fan being given a four-year football banning order for kicking Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale after the Gunners' North London derby win over Spurs in January.

The same month a 15-year-old girl was scarred for life when she was struck on the head with a pint glass filled with coins during Manchester City's Carabao Cup tie with Liverpool.

A Leeds United fan who ran on to confront Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe at Elland Road in May was jailed for three months and banned from all games for six years.
15 Yr old girl can't even say she was a city fan

Most newspapers will have 'fans' writing about the top clubs, and let's face whatever we think about Liverpool, they do have a lot of very keen fans, so it may be that they get more response with the biased articles. So, it's not a 'plant', it's more than likely what the Liverpool fans reading The Telegraph respond to.

I'm loathe to take about a fan base as if it's homogenous, and I know plenty of normal Liverpool fans, but there was an interview once with The Secret Footballer, who used to write in The Guardian. He said he was only given one rule when he started writing; "Don't upset the Liverpool fans".

It's the same most places - I know Sam Lee in The Athletic isn't especially popular here, but I think a lot of City fans think he's got the balance right retaining some scepticism, while mostly writing positive stuff. In comparison, the Liverpool stuff is pretty much Liverpool Echo level, with little complexity or tactical stuff, and more "isn't our new signing brilliant, even though he keeps tripping over his own feet" guff.

ps. on a final note, the "US fledgling company" is a private equity firm which puts money into sports clubs, so it makes no difference when they were formed. They are not selling stuff and building a trading company - they were set up with a pile of cash on day zero to buy stakes in clubs.

Reactions: Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.