Media Discussion - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for this game I’d probably agree.

But over the course of a season given that we have a relatively small squad and the peerless Rodri in situ I think it made more sense to get Kova and Nunez (and the versatility they bring) for £80m rather than go all in at £105m for Rice
I don't really get this relatively small squad narrative that has developed? Relative to last year? 4 players left (including Laporte) and 4 came in. so what or how is the squad smaller in relation to?

5 live build up chat - it’s all arsenal’s perspective, nothing from our pov.

This is my biggest issue with discussion pre match (and in-match, esp when Hinchcliffe is on co-coms) about our games, whatever the media platform.

I don't really get this relatively small squad narrative that has developed? Relative to last year? 4 players left (including Laporte) and 4 came in. so what or how is the squad smaller in relation to?
Fair comment. To my knowledge all PL clubs have the same size squads and tbh I’m parroting the small squad narrative without having really crunched the numbers. I think the crux of it seems to be that we have fewer “senior pros” than other clubs. Maybe this means that the likes of Oscar Bobb aren’t included in the numbers although technically they should be.

Or it could be that we’re permanently one man down on everyone else cos we have Kalvin fucking Phillips stealing a living !

Fair comment. To my knowledge all PL clubs have the same size squads and tbh I’m parroting the small squad narrative without having really crunched the numbers. I think the crux of it seems to be that we have fewer “senior pros” than other clubs. Maybe this means that the likes of Oscar Bobb aren’t included in the numbers although technically they should be.

Or it could be that we’re permanently one man down on everyone else cos we have Kalvin fucking Phillips stealing a living !
I think another reason is that we have had 4-5 injuries to key players this season which makes it look small.

It’s not Phillips fault that City bought him. It’s also evident that its not the clubs fault either that the move has not worked out.

Unfortunately for Philips his brain does not process the match quick enough to play the Rodri role. You only have to look at Rico in the champions league to see what pep looks for in the player. He was full of praise and wished Rico was a little taller to have the complete package.

You could also argue it’s why Foden doesn’t get more minutes in midfield. It’s all about smelling and seeing the danger 360 at all times. The footballing ability to read the situation and make the correct decision under pressure is a huge attribute that not many players possess.

Last edited:
Awww poor Nick isn't taking Kevin Parkers comments too well. As for mentioning us as supporters attacking him and other journalists it's laughable. I know what I'd like to see happen.

For those of us blocked by Harris can anyone post up Kevin Parkers comments?

Awww poor Nick isn't taking Kevin Parkers comments too well. As for mentioning us as supporters attacking him and other journalists it's laughable. I know what I'd like to see happen.

Deluded fuckwit, why would any city fan have sympathy for the arsehole? I hope he has the "Don't pay we'll take it away" people round too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.