Media Discussion - 2023/24

I looked this morning online to see Haaland & Guardiola win uefa awards… came up with Hindustani times, Dubai news, Pakistani news, Vietnam news , Chinese news, Japanese news, USA news etc etc etc not one bbc or sly sports news article… the blatant articles on both about the England women’s coach winning her trophy but nothing about City… the PR at City is being shown in shirt sales and media across the world whilst our media shun any positive news about us… the jealousy is there for all to see… the media in this country is in a campaign to save United at all costs…

It’s called context. Which comparison would you prefer? The UK has historically had one system, other countries have theirs. It is a valid comparison when the point I’m making is some people think the bbc should be stopped. My point was just because it has faults that’s not an argument for stopping it, because I think if that happened most people would regret it afterwards, and not realise what they’d missed.

Maybe a referendum’s needed. I’m sure that would settle it …
Don't think the issue is about not liking the BBC, it's all about having it forced upon us .

We went to Berlin after the Dortmund match and joined a load of Ajax fans in a sports bar for their Union Berlin game.

The regular "scarfers" were sound and all respected City, even though they idolise Tent Peg.

10 mins before the game the Ajax Ultras turned up and took over the cellar bar. Probably 100 of 'em. Didn't engage with them after being advised not to by the scarfers. When Union Berlin put the first half penalty away they kicked the living shit out of about a dozen Berlin fans. The riot police locked them in the cellar, turned the power off and kettled them out at full time.

Absolute nutters.
100 ultras set upon a dozen Berlin fans? Wow, must be hard as nails.

Met a very bitter Blades fan on Sunday on the train. Hostile about “oil club” City. Said our spending was obscene. No awareness of the truth about our owner. I put him right on investment in the community etc but he was too brainwashed to get it.
Should have asked him what he thought of Sufc Saudi owners

It's a people kicking a bag of wind around and they get paid to write about it. I made a big mistake trying to do something that mattered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.