Media Discussion - 2023/24

This all day , our own fans really couldnt give f*ck if we are the biggest club in the world but it does appear to concern fans and pundits with affiliation to the red 'istree clubs they are continually saying how we are small club with no history , and its because they are shit scared that we are heading in the right direction at a rapid rate.

We might not be the biggest club but we are the best , on and off the field and that is creating a huge vat of boiling piss.
Correct.
I'd rather follow a "small club" playing great football and winning trophies whilst redefining the way the game is played at every level than a "big club" followed by entitled wankers living on past glories.

This all day , our own fans really couldnt give f*ck if we are the biggest club in the world but it does appear to concern fans and pundits with affiliation to the red 'istree clubs they are continually saying how we are small club with no history , and its because they are shit scared that we are heading in the right direction at a rapid rate.

We might not be the biggest club but we are the best , on and off the field and that is creating a huge vat of boiling piss.
just a comfort blanket for the insecure

No sign of this tanker turning around anytime soon

A generation of kids who started school eleven years ago aged 5 will leave aged 16 next summer never witnessing United winning the league.
You see it every time a player mentions growing up, watching Chelsea, and wanting to play for them.

The ex-players and journalists laugh, but they're simply ten or twenty years older, and too stupid to realise that a 22 year old DID grow up watching Chelsea, and could easily see them as the biggest Premier League team.

I would always remind fans of the two reddest of red teams, that they both won two thirds of their titles in a purple patch of about twenty years. For the other 100 years of their 'istory, they've just been one of a dozen or so big city clubs.

Exactly. Size isn't everything, as my mate has been told.

We’ve already lost one CL Final against a team we should’ve hammered, we were knocked out of a QFinal by VAR which would’ve put us against Ajax in the semi and then a winnable final v Liverpool. So with a little more luck we could now be looking at having won 3 CL instead of one. We are basically knocking on the door of catching united’s haul of 3 CL trophies and the smart money says it’s only a matter of time before that door opens and at the same time we keep mopping up PL title after title. If it’s history these pundit types say it is we lack then isn’t that what we’re creating with every single trophy we mop up? The Sheikh has been here 15 years and in another 15 years we could have completely eclipsed everything that Liverpool and united has ever won and have gone on to be the biggest club in world football. Yet these arsehole pundits will still be spouting bollocks that the Sheikh will get bored (he’ll still be a young man in 15 years ffs!) and City will be playing Gillingham and Chesterfield before you can say Bob’s yer uncle. SJIAC.
Whether Sheikh Mansour gets bored or not is entirely irrelevant. He no longer pumps any money into the club, it's self-sustainable, so it makes no difference. The only thing that could drag us down is if we got an owner who takes money out of the club, as most of the American owners do.

You see it every time a player mentions growing up, watching Chelsea, and wanting to play for them.

The ex-players and journalists laugh, but they're simply ten or twenty years older, and too stupid to realise that a 22 year old DID grow up watching Chelsea, and could easily see them as the biggest Premier League team.

I would always remind fans of the two reddest of red teams, that they both won two thirds of their titles in a purple patch of about twenty years. For the other 100 years of their 'istory, they've just been one of a dozen or so big city clubs.
Exactly. You don't see too many kids these days desperate to play for Blackpool, Huddersfield, or Preston North End. In twenty years perhaps there'll be none hankering to play for Man Utd or Liverpool. And who knows, in 40 years there may be none hankering to play for us. Nothing is permanent, and those who think anything is are destined to look very foolish.

No sign of this tanker turning around anytime soon

A generation of kids who started school eleven years ago aged 5 will leave aged 16 next summer never witnessing United winning the league.

I think only 7% of kids leave school at 16 now so might want to keep this stat in your back pocket until 2025 when it will apply to almost everyone.

They’re embarrassingly childish. We’re going nowhere. We already have an international fan base who watch the games but don’t listen our biased media. Much as I’d like The Rags and Dippers to drop into tier 3 it’ll never happen. We are already seeing PGMOL and The Media desperately trying to keep The Rags relevant. It was the same for both Milan clubs for a while. They are like petulant children having a conversation in the playground rather than a serious sports station. I’ve had the misfortune to listen occasionally lately and Jordan and White only take time off from talking about Boxing to have a pop at us. It’s truly fucking dire listening. Of the whole station / shows, I don’t mind Paul Hawksbee. Full stop. Amazed it’s still going. It’s depressing that football fans sustain it and probably think they’re high brow for listening to Jordan.
It’s going because everyone seems to listen to it and then moan about it.

I’ve not put it on in the last decade and it’s marvellous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.