Media Discussion - 2023/24

It is an offence under Section 363 of the Communications Act 2003 to watch live on any channel, TV service or streaming service, or use BBC iPlayer* on any device without a valid TV licence.
Define 'live'. If you are streaming over t'internet then there is always a lag, even if just a few seconds. Therefore not 'live'....

That's fine, I choose to break the law because I dislike the BBC. It maybe helpful to you if you know how to deal with these people, but that's your choice.
But surely if you dislike the BBC then you won't be watching any of their programmes to break the law. What you really mean is, you want free stuff rather than paying for it.

Define 'live'. If you are streaming over t'internet then there is always a lag, even if just a few seconds. Therefore not 'live'....
I just turn on my Smart TV and the programmes appear so I don’t know if it’s on t’internet. :-)
Mind you I record most of the programmes so I’m not watching it live. ;-) *lol*

I get good programmes and so I don’t object really to paying the TV Licence. The only thing I object to is that, like all over 75s, I had a free TV licence and they took it away. :-)

But surely if you dislike the BBC then you won't be watching any of their programmes to break the law. What you really mean is, you want free stuff rather than paying for it.
What I mean is I don't watch any of the BBC, however by law you need a TV licence to watch live TV so I choose not to pay it and line the pockets of an organisation that shields pedeofiles.

I just turn on my Smart TV and the programmes appear so I don’t know if it’s on t’internet. :-)
Mind you I record most of the programmes so I’m not watching it live. ;-) *lol*

I get good programmes and so I don’t object really to paying the TV Licence. The only thing I object to is that, like all over 75s, I had a free TV licence and they took it away. :-)
You don’t fool me Eccles Blue, I see this for what it is ….. a shameless attempt to get Bluemoon members to crowdfund your TV license

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.