Media Discussion - 2023/24

They say we’ll be cleared because of our ‘legal team’ (wank expression) exploiting ‘loopholes’ (another wank expression in the circumstances).

It’s astonishing (or rather should be) that none of these articles (or certainly none that I’ve seen) ever contemplate or posit that we may possibly be cleared simply because there is no meaningful evidence, despite the fact there isn’t any whatsoever in public circulation. None. Unless you count the doctored Der Spiegel emails, which speak for themselves.

There is literally nothing whatsoever in circulation that remotely points to the charges even constituting a case to answer - and yet I have not seen a single article that raises that as an issue. Not one.

I actually haven’t seen a single article that has questioned that, which means that the whole of the MSM appears to accept the charges as being meritorious without even knowing a single thing about their substance or merit.

You think one journalist might have even raised it as an ancillary point at the very least.

Incredible really.

I've seen frequent claims in the media that City are likely to 'get off' because we have the money to hire top lawyers to defend us. It seems not to have occurred to any of these clowns that we might just have had the money to engage top lawyers to ensure we didn't breach the rules in the first place. Indeed, we did reportedly do so, hiring employees of UEFA's professional advisers who'd been involved in drafting the FFP regulations.

Journalists bang on about bullshit concepts such as 'loopholes' and the 'spirit of the rules', as if there's something inherently tawdry or grubby about our working to achieve our objectives within the context of FFP. I've even seen the odd supposed Blue on social media take this line. Bollocks to that. If vested interests in football create a regulatory framework designed to protect the established order and saw us off at the knees, we're absolutely entitled to circumvent those rules in any lawful manner we can find.

So, if you want to have recourse to international legal, accounting and financial rules and standards to try to mould a regime to stop us, we'll be peerlessly smart in safeguarding our position by applying solutions found in to international legal, accounting and financial practice. There's no doubt that we've done that in ways that our opponents didn't expect. However, while we stand accused of having gone further and having seriously breached the rules, persuasive evidence to this effect in the public domain is pitifully scant.

The media attitude was virtually unanimous when the original allegations were published in Der Spiegel that the evidence in those articles constituted unimpeachable proof of City's guilt. In their risibly hysterical coverage, I don't remember even one of the gaslighting cunts noting that seeking to work around regulation isn't the same as planning to breach it, or acknowledging that the discussion of a course of action doesn't necessarily entail that course subsequently being taken.

We've had five years now of this frenzied and fundamentally mendacious coverage, in which even issues such as the CAS verdict have been presented by the media with implacable dishonesty. Now, if it does turn out that there's evidence not yet publicly available to indicate that City are guilty of some of the more serious charges against us, then fine - we'll be punished accordingly and will deserve it. The point is that the media, in the utmost bad faith, wants us convicted irrespective of whether the evidence justifies it.

The media coverage - pretty much literally all of it - over the last several years has been utterly deplorable in its sickening chicanery. It's created a febrile atmosphere in which all hell will break loose if the proceedings don't end with City expelled from the PL or, at the very least, suffering a severe points deduction. It's shameful that this should be the case given the facts about the case that are currently in the public domain.

Wrighty is very biased towards Arsenal, which isn't that surprising considering his very impressive career there. To be fair he has said in the past that he does hold City in fairly high regard as they 'treated my boys well', not sure that would stretch as far as wanting us to win the Prem over the Goons though!!.
Going back to the Liverpool pens, I saw the first one on the news last night which was an absolutely pathetically shocking dive, a booking for simulation should have resulted.
The 2nd one they didn't show... I've not seen it , was it as bad? Apart from looking at the results I try by best to avoid any nauseating media coverage/fawning over the red shifted ones (unless any of them have lost ofcourse!!)
I just put 'red shifted' ones didn't I !, that's an ironic 'typo' ,as it's normally their opponents that get shifted!

It’s always interesting to me how when a decision benefits us, the system is broken/corrupt and needs fixing and everyone’s angry.

But if it’s the red shit it’s turned into a joke, everyone in control laughs and says oh wow he shouldn’t have gotten that and it’s forgotten immediately.

If society is to ever be fixed, social media and the press need to be reigned on and fixed. Humanity has no chance as things stand

I've seen frequent claims in the media that City are likely to 'get off' because we have the money to hire top lawyers to defend us. It seems not to have occurred to any of these clowns that we might just have had the money to engage top lawyers to ensure we didn't breach the rules in the first place. Indeed, we did reportedly do so, hiring employees of UEFA's professional advisers who'd been involved in drafting the FFP regulations.

Journalists bang on about bullshit concepts such as 'loopholes' and the 'spirit of the rules', as if there's something inherently tawdry or grubby about our working to achieve our objectives within the context of FFP. I've even seen the odd supposed Blue on social media take this line. Bollocks to that. If vested interests in football create a regulatory framework designed to protect the established order and saw us off at the knees, we're absolutely entitled to circumvent those rules in any lawful manner we can find.

So, if you want to have recourse to international legal, accounting and financial rules and standards to try to mould a regime to stop us, we'll be peerlessly smart in safeguarding our position by applying solutions found in to international legal, accounting and financial practice. There's no doubt that we've done that in ways that our opponents didn't expect. However, while we stand accused of having gone further and having seriously breached the rules, persuasive evidence to this effect in the public domain is pitifully scant.

The media attitude was virtually unanimous when the original allegations were published in Der Spiegel that the evidence in those articles constituted unimpeachable proof of City's guilt. In their risibly hysterical coverage, I don't remember even one of the gaslighting cunts noting that seeking to work around regulation isn't the same as planning to breach it, or acknowledging that the discussion of a course of action doesn't necessarily entail that course subsequently being taken.

We've had five years now of this frenzied and fundamentally mendacious coverage, in which even issues such as the CAS verdict have been presented by the media with implacable dishonesty. Now, if it does turn out that there's evidence not yet publicly available to indicate that City are guilty of some of the more serious charges against us, then fine - we'll be punished accordingly and will deserve it. The point is that the media, in the utmost bad faith, wants us convicted irrespective of whether the evidence justifies it.

The media coverage - pretty much literally all of it - over the last several years has been utterly deplorable in its sickening chicanery. It's created a febrile atmosphere in which all hell will break loose if the proceedings don't end with City expelled from the PL or, at the very least, suffering a severe points deduction. It's shameful that this should be the case given the facts about the case that are currently in the public domain.
Agree with every single word mate - especially the gaslighting cunts part.

Like you, if there is some evidence of which we are not aware, which is relevant, veracious and probative then fair enough - and we should be punished accordingly- but as things stand there is fuck all in the public domain - and so that is the basis for my view on the merits of these proceedings. What the fuck else are any of us supposed to base it on?

The media, on the other hand, ostensibly operating with the same evidence have not only repeatedly implied our guilt with their ‘legal team’ and ‘loophole‘ bullshit, but also haven’t raised this absence of evidence as even an ancillary point of discussion, which objectively speaking it plainly is worthy of. How can it not be?

It’s absolutely fucking outrageous that no **** has even questioned this aspect to the charges.

The UK media cow towing to the biggest set of shithouse fans in World football.

Welcome to the dystopia created by a scousephobia that has been perpetrated by the citizens of Liverpool upon the rest of society.

Its the culmination of a desire to protect Scousers from any form of criticism regarding their heinous actions of the past, present or future. They deny, deflect, obfuscate, project and wallow in the inequity of victimhood for any slight, defamation or finger of blame in relation to any negative matter associated with Liverpool FC or its fans.

Up to and including Heysel, they were fair game like any other fanbase who behaved like depraved morons, particularly theirs though, whose use of box cutters and craft knives was a well known speciality and the well documented "robs" across Europe.

At the time of Heysel they were lambasted and rightly so for causing deaths of Juventus fans by their actions and it was the climax of the hooligan problems endemic to the game at the time. European football authorities deemed it fit to punish the entirety of UK football clubs with a 5 year ban extended by a year for them. We can argue the merits and equity of that decision ad infinitum but that was how it was handled.

This was obviously a huge stain on LFC, they knew it and their reputation was massively damaged. Many of their allies then sought to mitigate that damage and defect the blame, "crumbling stadiums", whataboutery of the highest order, Chelsea fans and other garbage to muddy the waters of blame. Never the less legal responsibility for deaths was laid at their door and their fans.

The horrendous events of Hillsborough resulting in the deaths of 96(97) LFC fans is a huge tragedy in itself whose victims bear no blame. The decades long investigations, public enquiries and court cases have hopefully documented organisational and Police failings on that day as to where responsibility does lie. I doubt the loved ones of the fans that never came home feel justice has been served for their loss. Its my opinion that this disaster could have occurred to any club and its fans who made the semi-final that year and were allocated Leppings Lane end. We should be thankfull it wasn't us.

The controversy of Hillsborough was in its reporting in the media. Sensationalism and eagerness to pile in on LFC had false reports of thieving from the dead and that the overcrowding was somehow their fault, despite the contributory actions of West Yorkshire Police in reaction to poor crowd control. This sustained attack by the media comprised of supposition, lies and deliberate falsehoods to protect the Police and FA caused huge animosity in Liverpool and was seen as a deliberate slight on the very essence of scouseness and got the outrage, rebuke and distain it deserved. I'm pretty sure Mancunia would be equally outraged at similar treatment by southern based media wankers.

Since then however and due to the recognition of the media's culpability in those lies, any reporting of a discretion by LFC and its fanbase no matter how small brings a tsunami of indignation and denial. Reporting of facts can bring about terminations of employment for journalists. A lifetime of hate mail and death threats awaits any unfortunate miscreant. This of course has led to the Goebels like propaganda department of Scouseology where media apologists fawn over everything Liverpool where no word of disent from the party line or critic of action can be tolerated. I give you the Liverpool Echo and its media partners and affiliates.

It would appear even Merseyside Police Force investigate matters associated with them with complete indifference like the Gestapo would in dealing with accusations of black shirt violence perpetrated upon ethnic minorities. Failure to find any evidence in any investigation and matters quickly swept under the proverbial carpet whilst advocating the law courts make an offence of "provocation" for ethnic minorities who run away from black shirted officers. Their inability to locate scouse criminals committing crimes on film is somewhat akin to inspector Clueso without the laughs.

Every home crowd is partisan of course but their incessant whining about every perceived injustice is fucking nauseating. They booed Anthony Taylor all night accusing him of being a "Manc" yet he gave them 2 penalties, both arguably should have been overturned by VAR, one for Dias kicking Burn, initiating the contact and then deliberately falling over and the other the most blatant dive you will ever see by Jotta the renowned roller skater. The contact for this penalty several degrees less than that visited upon a Newcastle player in Liverpools box only moments earlier, with no review.

What a set of irrational tools they really are. If you ever have the misfortune to visit RAWK you will find an alternate reality where conspiracy and fiction intermingle like a complex dystopia. It's a netherworld of Trumpian logic, hate, vengeance and perceived injustice. A bile filled intellectually deficient morass of animosity.

They boo the national anthem and want Scouseland not to be part of England. This is about the only thing I can agree with them on. If that part of the NW broke off and floated off into the Irish Sea it would do us all a favour.

Happy New Year everyone except that lot.
Brilliant post...

"Liverpool playing like champions"
"Slick Liverpool see off Newcastle"
"Endo is most impressive summer signing"
"Man City latest, I hope they don't win it"

Just fookin' fook off you Tax-Funded Twatbags.

I thought MediaCity were just rag-obsessed? Turns out they like any club with the "right colour shirt".

Or is it the right colour owner?
Agree with you and 'johnnycrossan'*

'Boring if City win it again'? Well, here's my response from a few years back to that, after all these years of our club being ignored, undermined, targeted, you name it, whatever the venal Red Tops and their supine media pals have been up to:

"Ever since I got into football as a kid, I've always been (I hope) fair-minded about other teams winning stuff and have argued for the trophies to be shared around for the health of the game and all that gubbins..

I've supported British teams in European finals, given credit to top flight winning sides from all around the country and so on and so on.

But since 2008, the reactions to City's development from other clubs/their supporters, the media, the footballing authorities, together with the letters from moaning, plotting, self-righteous and self-entitled clubs to UEFA/the Premier League and the attempts to screw us via FFP.. well, all that has changed my viewpoint.

Next year I want us to win everything. The lot. Todo. Tutti. (..edit: and, nb dear reader, we did just that!)

And for us to do so again the season after. And just for good measure, the two or three seasons after that will do nicely too.

And if that p**ses off the clubs at the top of the trees both here at home and in Europe, then so be it.

F**k 'em all.

They deserve every moment of misery our beautiful football and our successes can pile on them."

(* Btw, 'johnnycrossan', fab user name! The great man was my hero after Bert Trautmann retired, almost single-handedly dragging us to promotion in 1965-66.. and THAT penalty at home to Huddersfield on New Year's Day that season.. amazing player!)

Superb post!

It’s such a shame that view is only ever present on this forum.

Agree with every single word mate - especially the gaslighting cunts part.

Like you, if there is some evidence of which we are not aware, which is relevant, veracious and probative then fair enough - and we should be punished accordingly- but as things stand there is fuck all in the public domain - and so that is the basis for my view on the merits of these proceedings. What the fuck else are any of us supposed to base it on?

The media, on the other hand, ostensibly operating with the same evidence have not only repeatedly implied our guilt with their ‘legal team’ and ‘loophole‘ bullshit, but also haven’t raised this absence of evidence as even an ancillary point of discussion, which objectively speaking it plainly is worthy of. How can it not be?

It’s absolutely fucking outrageous that no **** has even questioned this aspect to the charges.
I am sure there is no significant evidence against City from the PL.Their allegations date back 14 years and their so-called investigation took at least five years. Anything significant would have been leaked to the media. This is, and always has been, a witch-hunt carried out in bad faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.