Media discussion - 2024/25

These twats need sorting. Gone beyond the Pale.

Headline this

Man City FFP: ‘Emphatic’ APT appeal ‘verdict’ predicted with Citizens tipped to be ‘found guilty’​

A new ’emphatic verdict’ provided by former Man City financial advisor Stefan Borson for Football Insider claims all parties are ‘unlikely to challenge’ the decision on their APT case. The True bit.

Then right at the bottom of the article all about the appeal proceess on APT they twist it and randomly throw this in "Gray said: “What will happen? I imagine, and I don’t know, I imagine it’ll be along the lines of a points deduction, a massive one.“They will be found guilty. There’s 115 charges and they’re not going to be innocent of all of them.“I think we both know that. Well, without the independent tribunal, they wouldn’t be charging them if there wasn’t some evidence surrounding them there that suggested they might be guilt."

Moreover in the header on the Goggle tab it say "Man City FFP: Expert gives emphatic .... " Using Stefan to try and legitimise / give credibility to a whole load of the usual nonsense. Come on City sort this lot out and that ex CEO from Everton ...

Headline this

Man City FFP: ‘Emphatic’ APT appeal ‘verdict’ predicted with Citizens tipped to be ‘found guilty’​

A new ’emphatic verdict’ provided by former Man City financial advisor Stefan Borson for Football Insider claims all parties are ‘unlikely to challenge’ the decision on their APT case. The True bit.

Then right at the bottom of the article all about the appeal proceess on APT they twist it and randomly throw this in "Gray said: “What will happen? I imagine, and I don’t know, I imagine it’ll be along the lines of a points deduction, a massive one.“They will be found guilty. There’s 115 charges and they’re not going to be innocent of all of them.“I think we both know that. Well, without the independent tribunal, they wouldn’t be charging them if there wasn’t some evidence surrounding them there that suggested they might be guilt."

Moreover in the header on the Goggle tab it say "Man City FFP: Expert gives emphatic .... " Using Stefan to try and legitimise / give credibility to a whole load of the usual nonsense. Come on City sort this lot out and that ex CEO from Everton ...

Clickbait - it appears to be working

Headline this

That ex CEO of Everton can't have too much about him with the mess his old have been left with.

Don't think it's so bad that the media are now using our players as the benchmark ?
Think most rational pundits see that Rodri & Harland as the current best in (at least the Premier League) their respective positions ?
If they want to put pressure on the new MUFC wonder signing, then let them.
It does rankle though that the media seldom review the car crash signings that the Trafford Tramps have made in the last 12 years...
Nail on head mate. We are the benchmark for everyone.

From the sounds of this, it's easy to get sky to take articles you don't like down as a club. If it was as Kieran Maguire described(balanced, not jumping to conclusions), it either shows our club literally hardly ever bother making a fuss or further enforces the perception of double standards between City any any other big 6 club.

Furthermore, I cannot believe the shamelessness of the Chelsea fans in those comments. Not only playing the victim card when they are getting of light, but also playing the what about City card, when their club self reported. I know not all Chelsea fans are that way but there are way too many of them(any video where they are criticised, you'll see it), to the point where I'm starting to think fuck Chelsea, rather than having no feelings towards them. It probably is just misdirected anger as a kneejerk reaction to the panic they feel about their situation but it's still not on. Literally every set of fans try this now and we're expected to just put up with it, as if we don't already have way more shit to deal with and have been going through it for way longer too, we're expected to take the heat off everyone else too. Defend your club if you must but keep our club's name out of your mouths you selfish cunts, and stop trying to arselick United and Liverpool while you're at it, they will never see you as equals and you know it.

For the media's part, especially talkSport, every time they say 'they're smart people', 'finding loopholes isn't breaking the rules, they are just doing what businessmen do, it's up to the PL to close them'

I have to shake my head and think back to how different the narrative was for City whenever they reluctantly accepted any arguments that City worked around the rules without breaking any. Does anyone remember what that was in response to? Maybe something at CAS, it would be helpful to shove under their noses as a reminder.

Chelsea will have to be charged whenever they finish that investigation, as much as their fans want to bury their heads in the sand and point at City. Hiding behind it being the old owner wont work, self reporting shouldn't make much difference IMO, if the old owner had self reported it would mean more(edit: that was not Liverpool pun btw, they've ruined that phrase). There are still Chelsea fans convinced they've done nothing wrong because they haven't been charged yet. If they don't it would be a massive legal own goal for the PL.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't give the square root of two fucks but is it just me (being paranoid)... or is there a definite (and possibly deliberate) marked difference in the size of the teams' circular logos on the daily fail's website prem teams logo menu?

View attachment 129813
Our badge is smaller. We'll spotted.

Taken in isolation, it doesn't matter, and we sound like a couple of paranoid blues.

But it's the constant drip, drip, fucking drip of negativity that irritates.

And people think the feigned “you don’t bother me” comments as someone rages at someone else online started with the advent of social media. ;-)
The really funny thing is that Malcolm told all and sundry that Colin Bell couldn’t head the ball, one footed and had no pace when he was scouting him! :)))

I know I shouldn't give the square root of two fucks but is it just me (being paranoid)... or is there a definite (and possibly deliberate) marked difference in the size of the teams' circular logos on the daily fail's website prem teams logo menu?

View attachment 129813
Haha, good spot. There's a load of white space under the City logo. My guess is that it's because Liverpool's badge would look tiny next to City's (because of the green bits taking up vertical space)... and the daily mail weren't having that.

They weren't bothered about Real looking smaller than Barca, obviously.

Last edited:
Our badge is smaller. We'll spotted.

Taken in isolation, it doesn't matter, and we sound like a couple of paranoid blues.

But it's the constant drip, drip, fucking drip of negativity that irritates.
yeah, it's not like the fail is full of positive City stories - just clickbait set-ups for rags and dippers to have a pop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.