Media discussion - 2024/25

Dick Head
BBC's chief news reporter in Berlin

"My impression of Hitler changed this summer when, along with a couple of other journalists, I interviewed him in Munich at a book-burning event.

He was close to tears as he spoke about his tough upbringing in Linz as he feared and disliked his father."

Edited for the Ministry of Truth.

Craig Hope (I know he's from the Mail!) defending Rodri, spoke really well on the Back Pages on SSN.
Said the Euros were generally rubbish because the players were knackered and that we EXPECT the players to perform week in week out regardless of how many games are played.

Said the new CL format means more games; but it's all for revenue.

“1.2 Billion pound United in statement win over 11.2 million pound Barnsley at a packed lower tier OT”
Strange you should mention OT attendance, because I cannot find the figure on bbc.
Attendance figures used be put at the bottom of the lineups tab on the bbc match reports.
It’s now on the headline graphic, showing score, scorers, stadium and attendance.

But continuing a tradition of many many years, which I’ve pointed out before, United’s attendance figure is missing (all other LC matches have it), due to it not being anywhere near the mythical 75000 ‘can’t get a ticket/always full’ bollox

Strange you should mention OT attendance, because I cannot find the figure on bbc.
Attendance figures used be put at the bottom of the lineups tab on the bbc match reports.
It’s now on the headline graphic, showing score, scorers, stadium and attendance.

But continuing a tradition of many many years, which I’ve pointed out before, United’s attendance figure is missing (all other LC matches have it), due to it not being anywhere near the mythical 75000 ‘can’t get a ticket/always full’ bollox
I've just looked on fotmob.
Every match in the Carabao Cup had the attendances listed apart from one.
Guess who?

They obviously had someone not giving it out and that someone was told not to give the figure out.
You watch in a couple of days it'll come through as 74 thousand.
Ministry of lies that place.

From the Daily Mirror:

Which club do most people - let alone Stoke City fans - associate with Ryan Shawcross?

YearsTeamAppsGoals
2006-08
Trafford Red Sox00
Royal Antwerp (loan)223
2007-08Stoke City (loan)266
2008-21Stoke City37516
2021-22Inter Miami120

In fairness, a crowd of c. 27,000 for a League 1 on a Monday night is an excellent attendance.
The media frenzy for Wrexham is because they were struggling in the Conference League for several years and Netflix got involved early in their takeover.
Their rise made for interesting telly with the added Hollywood interest of Ryan Reynolds.
Appreciate that the vast majority of City fans hate the Red Cartel clubs, as I do.
But, ironically, both Birmingham City and Wrexham have been bought to eventually get into the "promised land" of the Premier League.
In all American sports this is impossible, due to the franchise system.
Why not let Birmingham and Wrexham fans enjoy their rare moments in the sun...
Because of the hypocrisy involved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.